xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lipid

Splinter Cell Or Metal Gear Solid? Two awsome games...but which is better?

Splinter Cell was made for PC frist time (I'm guessing you play them both on PC), while MGS was created for PSOne. Later MGS was "transfered" to PC, and it was BAD. It was bad transition and comercial move that ruined gameplay and fun. The MGS itself is not a bad game, but in my opinion Splinter Cell is even better. I haven't played MGS 4, so I can't tell about that, but I have played all of SC series.

although i haven't played metal gear solid, i just love splinter cell, the other game similar is hitman, except its less stealthy, but it still is similar, all the splinter's cell are good, the latest one chaos theory is very easy compared to the first, because you hard easier and stab people B), coop mode in chaos theory is very fun

it is a little bit difficult, both are good and well as my boss told me once "It's not bad, it is just another style". When i first saw splinter cell i thought it was amazing and now when i see chaos theory well i preffer to say nothing the game is just awsome. I used to watch giga games from germany on winamp and it was once they presented the new game for Metal gear solid and well honestly it was awsome too!, it was a video it seemed so real that i thought it was, the story is amazing too (both) i feel i am really the guy, and sometimes i think both characters should be placed in a game with the otpion to select whichever you want and the one who finishes first the mission gets paid or so.. i know sounds crazy but that's what these games are arent they?, crazy.

Metal Gear Solid by far. It's a matter of opinion in almost all respects, but I LOVED the Metal Gear Solid games. The graphics don't look great, but unlike the Splinter Cell games, it's much more clear when you've been spotted, and there aren't any of those moments where you're thinking, "COME ON! How could he have seen me!? I was hidden!", because in Metal Gear Solid, the stealth system is much more black-and-white than in Splinter Cell.Also, the story has been much more creative, in my opinion. Some people complained that it was over complex, or that there were too many cutscenes, (especially in Metal Gear Solid 2) but if you pay attention and try to take the story in, the game is much more satisfying than Splinter Cell.Splinter Cell is by no means a bad game, but in my opinion, Metal Gear Solid has beaten it hands-down.By the way, if anyone hasn't seen it already, check out the Metal Gear Solid 4 trailer. Sure, PlayStation 3 is probably going to be an overpriced piece of junk, but that video is absolutely amazing. Solid Snake is lookin' mighty old though... :)

I prefer Splinter Cell, well... the 1rst part of Metal Gear solid is better than the 1rst part of Splinter Cell, but the 2nd and 3rdt part of Splinter Cell (Pandora Tomorrow & Chaos Theory) are so much better than the 2nd & 3rd part of Metal Gear Solid (And the 1rst part, of course...). The multiplayer mode in Splinter Cell is very very good, it isn't like playing with bots (moves around making the same moves one time and another...), they are humans, and you have to deceive human brains and eyes, not a stupid bot. that's really good, and, when u have to capture the spy, thats really good, theyre like aliens approaching you, looking all your moves and waiting the moment to kill you, it's really good. try it and see how much funny it is, don't think "bah... the 1rst part was really bad...", or "if i don't like solo playing, why im gonna try multiplayer?", simply try it.Well... what d u think about?(Srry... but my english is really bad... i'm not english speaker, i'm spanish)

its close

Splinter Cell Or Metal Gear Solid?

I have found that splintercell 1 was a fun game, although not getting the sc 20k until a late level bugged me, but it also kept the game fresh. And I kinda skipped over pandora tomorrow because I didnt realy see it in stores around where I live. Eventualy though I picked up chaos theory and honestly I have never had so much fun loading a save point and killing people all different ways, perhaps you may stab them, break there neck, or just simply snipe them in the head.

Mgs is also a nice game, I played mgs 1 when it was a new game, and I found it to be quite nice, then came mgs 2, still had alot of fun with it, I must admit the games did have nice story lines, and the weapons choices, mmm, mmm good, in splintercell 1 you got your pistol and sc 20k, it was ampted up a bit in chaos theory when they added attachments like shotgun, forgrip, sniper rifle, and grenade launcher but it was still the same gun. In mgs you got ak's dragonovs, m16, rpg's, socom pistols, the list goes on and on, and I love guns so it was a nice treet, the only problem is that when it came out on the psp it started with a great game, portable ops, and then they realy fricked up with mgs acid, because you would have to be on acid to enjoy a card battleing mgs game,and then portable ops + just didnt have a nice story line to back it up, and in both portable ops games, the mass amount of team members kinda lost the personal feelings for the characters, if they died, you just captured a new one,

Well all in all, I would have to say both are great titles, but personaly, even though mgs has great weapons and nice story lines, the camera ruins it for me, splintercell wins because of the camera, and the awsome ways to eliminate your enemies

-reply by timbits

Personally, I really only liked the original Metal Gear Solid for PS1, I really liked it. I also like the Splinter Cell games too. I have only playe half of Pandora tomorrow though. When I get around to it I will finish it. Chaos Theroy sounds good too.

Splinter Cell is, on my opinion, better. It has better realism than MGS ( 2 or 3 shots could kill you), unlike in MGS. And the gadgets are more to date unlike MGS, its a little bit too futuristic. But splinter cell isn't that perfect. The lightings are somewhat dim (unlike in real life a light bulb can lit up a whole room. That's the downside of splinter Cell unlike MGS, there are no dark places to simply avoid detection and you can wal up to your enemy like they can't even hear you. I mean I kept running back and fort when the enemy was facing the other way and it got me thinking; "Is this guy tone deaf?" Conclusion: Splinter cell beats MGS in realism. MGS is just a bit too arcade lacking realism on some parts.Splinter cell: Realistic MGS: too arcade like-reply by Phyro23

sorry to keep U waitin':D but this is the right time to answer this guestion just in front off premiere of MGS4:GoTP:D MGS never had the best graphics and the best gameplay, spliter cell allways had better moves and tenchu too but neither of this games has soo EXELENT story! MGS got the best story ever! U actually live this game not only play. So the answer is simple.. MGS RULES!

**** SPLINTER CELLSplinter Cell Or Metal Gear Solid?After playing mgs4, I can honesty say that mgs tops any other series. I played chaos theory and it sucked donkey balls, every 15 minutes I'd get stuck for an hour... HORRIBLE game-reply by crashthesceneee