xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
qingtian

Hotmail And Gmail

Exactly. Both Mozilla and gmail are revolutionary products, so far ahead of microsoft, yet people keep using IE and Hotmail. Personally, I don't understand it one bit. :rolleyes:

they are upgrading the inboxes of users in order of signup date. Mine is also 2megs still, but I don't care... gmail is much better and has way better spam protection, so I'm going to phase out my hotmail and just use it for messenger

Huh?? I got my hotmail account only abut 6 month ago, and I've got 250mb. I don't think they're phasing it in order of signup. How full is your inbox? maybe they are giving the people who are almost up to maximum the 250mb? I was at 97% before.

you guys blabbing about mozilla and mac are retarded.with something like 95% market share, microsoft can do whatever they feel like. ie is a fine browser. i never use it except for windows update, but when it comes right down to it, the only thing i like about firefox any better is the tabbed browsing.big *BLEEP*ing deal.and mac computers? *BLEEP*ING PLEASE. they are the biggest pieces of *BLEEP* on the market. they aren't that fast, they have very few options as far as hardware goes, they get *BLEEP*-all for new software written for, they render websites *BLEEP*, they FREEZE UP HAHAHAHA and they look like a *BLEEP*ing windows wannabe.mac's suck.to the original poster:gmail is overrated. the nice thing about it is you can search through emails. but honestly, that would require everyone to change the way they think about how they save their emails. *shakes head*not----gonna----happeni use a paid service called BurntMail.http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ very nice, very fast, never could complain about it

is there something wrong with my hotmail i have 87% full and i know i dont have like 200 MB filled upmaybe they pick a couple of people to upgrade to see what they do with the extra space and see if its really nessecary to do that.cuz as most of you have read not everyone has 250 MB of space just my opinion

I check my hotmail account everyday and it's still not upgraded yet. 2mb is just way too small. I basically can't keep any email that has an attachment size bigger than 200kb. Although gmail is pretty cool with 1GB, the attachment file size limit is 10mb which is not ideal I guess for some people. But thinking about it, attaching a 50mb file would take a while.

I agree with Donegal, its exactly like MOZILLA and INTERNET EXPLORER. GMAIL and MSN are practically on the exactly in parralel and I think Mcirsoft is likely to lose out big time on both fronts. Mind you, just my opinion...

Im sick and tired of my Hotmail account being full (2MB) and i have to search and destroy spams from hotmail. How did all of you get Gmail? I went to the official site and it couldnt tell me how to register?EDIT: Nvm i just set one up thanks anywayy :)

I agree with Donegal, its exactly like MOZILLA and INTERNET EXPLORER. GMAIL and MSN are practically on the exactly in parralel and I think Mcirsoft is likely to lose out big time on both fronts.  Mind you, just my opinion...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's not EXACTLY like Mozilla and IE... Google is killing MSN and Mozilla has yet to make a dent in IE marketshare. This is due mostly to brand recognition.

Google has used its brand identity to extend into the email arena. Everyone knows and uses google as their search engine. Most people are very satisfied, and have never had complaints, with Google. People will associate this "quality" with Google's email as well.

Mozilla on the other hand is an unknown name to the majority of users. Ask 10 people on the street, I'll bet not even 1 person will know what Mozilla is. Ask those same 10 people and they will know exactly what Google is. That is the big difference why Google is able to steal marketshare from MS while Mozilla cannot.

This is the power of brands..

But 250mb fills up to fast.I check my hotmail everyday and i always get spam.Its to little of space and it gets spam too much.No spam gose to the junk email! :) Thats what i hate about hotmail.

I hate hotmail but I have it for 3 yrs I love gmail's features but 1 gig is too small I need 2 gigs which I have :) ALSO: Somebody wanted to know how we got gmail the answer is we got invited.

I got my hotmail ~ 2 year this still give me 2mb. And they haven't give me more.Other choice I got yahoo and gmail. yahoo & gmail is much better it give many space and has better spam protect. by the way I never use up space to 90-100%. Just use only 10% :D Then I use hotmail for only msn to chat with friend. :)

Like some of you have noticed, Hotmail gave out 250Mb storage. For some of you its still 2Mb, thats because you still havent upgraded. Go to your Options page on your hotmail, then on the side their should be an Update Link and from there you should then see a link that says somthing LIKE "get more free storage" click that and you should be done from there. :( I just found out last night. :(

There are a lot of differences between them sucha s Gmail has much more space to store your messages but Hotmail has a better layout than gmail but its better to have more space