xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
qingtian

Hotmail And Gmail

Has anybody noticed hotmail now lets you store up to 250MB of emails? I noticed this morning when my storage space and it dropped from 8% to 1% so I asked my friend if it wasn't just me, and he said that hotmail is probably trying to stay in the competition with gmail who offers 1 gig. Does anyone agree?Either way it's a good thing for us because we got a lot more space :rolleyes:

in my opinionsize dont matterboth gmail and hotmail suckboth being a high recognizable survives receive (will for google) loads of spamgmial is has nothing bout those 1024MBhotmail has 100 Mb of spam a dayi have a 3MB account which im happy with for email and a unlimited one of files both in "minor" domains.U ppl have to realize that those MB and GB are only marketing

Oh, it's finally changed? *checks inbox* Yep, you're right. I knew they were going to, but I didn't know when. Hotmail deinies that they're trying to compete with yahoo and gmail, but really, who believes that? :rolleyes: has anyone here got gmail? It's pretty amazing, even though it is a beta. Leaves hotmail and yahoo for dead. :angry:

Um, is it?I check my hotmail account everyday and it's still not upgraded yet. 2mb is just way too small. I basically can't keep any email that has an attachment size bigger than 200kb. Although gmail is pretty cool with 1GB, the attachment file size limit is 10mb which is not ideal I guess for some people. But thinking about it, attaching a 50mb file would take a while. (also downloading it) :rolleyes:

really,i am going to check my hotmail acount at once.if it like u said ,much good too us,wider space should offer us more benifit.in spite of gmail has 1G storage but whose feature is less than microsoft hotmail. :rolleyes:

It's definetly gone up, DBH. Check it again.@Holunes: Gmail might have less features, but still, its pretty amazing, and way easier and faster to use. I far prefer it to hotmail. :rolleyes:

Yeh as some said early Hotmail justs trying to stay in competition with Gmail. And along with Yahoo. In quality I think Hotmail and Yahoo provide more and better interface than that of gmail. But I'm content with my gmail and its serves its purpose. 1000mb is alot compared to me. Hotmail and possibily Yahoo need to make drastic changes to stay in competition with gmail.....

I still find hotmail's space is too small, and slow. One day, i noticed my inbox go from 2mb to 10mb, dunno why. But i like gmail, it's simple, usually fast, and has an email notifier so i dont keep having to open my browser and check my mail; it just produces a 'beep'. I agree, all those mb's are marketing, i think i would have enough with 25mb email space, my webspace 50mb here isn't even full and that contains more data so....gmail's good for me im not changing...good luck :rolleyes:

I use hotmail and gmail.....I didn't check my hotmail space tho, don't really care enough to.Even though I have gmail.....I know I'll probably never use 1gig...hell I bet I'll never even use 200mb.I'm still at 0mb....and I don't delete anyting, even *BLEEP* I don't need and will never need.

I was wondering how all these people got Gmail?Yeah, I use hotmail, but I never even noticed the space go up, arent we supposed to be able to send *BLEEP* attatchments now? (10mb+)So how did all you people get Gmail in the first place?

why dont you get one account on each service.that way you wont have to worry who is betterand who is worse. actually, i think in the electronicage, the few at the top take turns at being the leaderfor a while. so it doesnt mean much if one companyis in the lead today, or this year coz it will change in time.

Hotmail is upgrading free accounts to 250mB since June. I guess they are adding memory to the accounts one by one.

The picture i've added proves it is really true what they are talking about.

btw: mine hasn't been upgraded yet, hope soon it will be.

Posted Image

ugh.. when will you people learn, it's NOT about features.?_? Gmail is bloody awesome.It's like Mozilla and MACEverything is made to seem stupid and idiotic by msn..