xisto Community
kaoslegends

Forum Issues i got problems

when i try to install mercury (forum) it says "that it cannot connect to the database using the specified information".....i put in the correct username, password, and the localhost thing....but still doesn't work----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------then i try phpbb (another forum type) and it doesn't work ^_^ it says "An error occurred trying to update the database You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''' at line 1" what the heck??? why does this not work??? ive used both b4 but they don't work here...what is the problem???(yes i created a new database, but nothing works ^_^ hmmm wtf)

When you created a new database, you are aware that whatever name you gave it, it has your cpanel username put at the front? People often miss that bit of information and it causes problems.For example, you typed in "forum" as the name of the database.When the setup asks for the name of the database you have to put in "username_forum"It might help, it might not.

When you created a new database, you are aware that whatever name you gave it, it has your cpanel username put at the front? People often miss that bit of information and it causes problems.

For example, you typed in "forum" as the name of the database.

When the setup asks for the name of the database you have to put in "username_forum"

It might help, it might not.

198102[/snapback]

well i tried it and it didn't work ^_^, it said it can access it w/ that infomation i provided

after you created the database and the database userjust grant the permission with the both.then remember the correct pass of the database userinput correct ,retry again.