xisto Community
OpaQue

Mail Settings To Configure Outlook Express Common mistakes by members

Hi,

There are many members who face trouble getting their mails to their inbox. There can be many reasons for which your system might not be able to fetch mails from our servers. We have kept all the attributes related to the mail at DEFAULT so that our clients don't have problems configuring the mail themselves.

Here the the general mistakes which members make :-

1. Username *MUST* be in format USERNAME@DOMAIN.COM (i.e. your complete Emaill address itself acts as your username)

2. Forget the password or confuse it with Cpanel password. Every Email address has to be set seperately.

3. Do *NOT* use secure password Authentication.

4. Outgoing mail server _requires_ authentication.

5. Outgoing mail server Port 25, Incoming mail server port is 110.

Thanks.

ADDITIONAL SETTINGS for POP and SMTP can be found under http://forums.xisto.com/topic/3438-instructions-settings-for-hosted-members/

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

I think when people will go in....Cpanel->Add / Remove E-mail accounts then they will find the link which says outlook express auto config...which allows then to setup email settings in the outlook express automatically.I've not tried it...but it was there so I thought it may be helpfull for some of the members. ^_^

How about USERNAME+DOMAIN.COM or USERNAME%DOMAIN.COM ?

sometimes i ever use it if i want to open my email. is that wrong ?

1. Username *MUST* be in format USERNAME@DOMAIN.COM (i.e. your complete Emaill address itself acts as your username)

I have been meaning to comment on this for a while now. When a user is set up in cpanel the default email address that you will always get with your domain has your cpanel user name as the user name and the password is your cpanel user name.

When Cpanel makes a new email address that you request of it the format is USERNAME+DOMAIN.COM not USERNAME@DOMAIN.COM

I have tried to use the @ and gotten an error. It is the default that cpanel chooses. I just wanted this clarified to the other people who are becoming newly hosted.

Hi,There are many members who face trouble getting their mails to their inbox. There can be many reasons for which your system might not be able to fetch mails from our servers. We have kept all the attributes related to the mail at DEFAULT so that our clients don't have problems configuring the mail themselves.

i'm one of them right now. i can recieve mail from outlook, but i can't send mail from outlook. i get the following error...

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'petsxpress@petsxpress.info', Server: 'mail.petsxpress.info', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

i configured my mail setting through the control panel auto config using ie. any help would greatly be appreciated. thanks!

btw- as of now, my setting are not logging on using secure password authentication(tried both ways), outgoing server is requiring authentication(tried both ways), using same login setting as incoming mail server, and not logging on using secure password authentication

also, i've heard things about outlook and security issues. any good and free email clients out there?
Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

i'm one of them right now. i can recieve mail from outlook, but i can't send mail from outlook. i get the following error...
The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'petsxpress@petsxpress.info', Server: 'mail.petsxpress.info', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

i configured my mail setting through the control panel auto config using ie. any help would greatly be appreciated. thanks!

btw- as of now, my setting are not logging on using secure password authentication(tried both ways), outgoing server is requiring authentication(tried both ways), using same login setting as incoming mail server, and not logging on using secure password authentication

also, i've heard things about outlook and security issues. any good and free email clients out there?

ok, this is a reply to my original message that nobody responded to because i think i know what the problem is and express it here in case anyone ever has the same problem. i believe the problem is that my isp doesn't allow smtp other than through their own server. the reason why i assume this is because i successfully sent a test email through their own mail server. i am going to call them monday to see if they can have this changed. i don't want my isp connected to my hosting. anyway, i thought i would share my experience and my assuptions if others may have had or having the same problem.

Has anyone been able to send the Mail.Well i guess i have figured out the problem.The server sends an error number 220 rather than 250 on Saying 'HELO mail.subdomain.trap17.com'.(Standard form of shking hands with the mail client.)Is everyone experiencing the same thing.Please let me know.

Has anyone been able to send the Mail.Well i guess i have figured out the problem.
The server sends an error number 220 rather than 250 on Saying 'HELO mail.subdomain.trap17.com'.(Standard form of shking hands with the mail client.)

Is everyone experiencing the same thing.
Please let me know.

I just tried to send and receiving mail via my Thunderbird.
It have no problem. ITs great., :D
just to be remember that username is your complete mail address.
:D:o

My inbox is empty and went to outlook express

Mail Settings To Configure Outlook Express

I was using Mozilla Thunderbird and my company email a/c simultaneously.But recently I configured it to outlook express but to my horror all my mails from the inbox of company a/c transferred to outlook and now when I go to the inbox its empty...Only I can work it from outlook on my PC. Pls help me to restore it to both so that I work simultaneously from office and home...

-reply by Kingshuk

I M SORRY BUT REALY I WANT TO ASK YOU A QUESION

IT IS IMPORTANT TO ME AND I COULD NOT MAKE A NEW TOPIC I WAS NOT ALLOWED TO DO SOME

SO MY QUESTION HOPING THAT NOT TO BOTHER YOU

HOW DO YOU WRITE JOWAN

IS IT LIKE THIS OR WRONG BEC I WANT TO WRITE THE CORRECT SPELLING IN THE PASA PORT

WITH ALL MY THANKS TO YOU ALL

microsoft office outlook 2003 and windows 7Mail Settings To Configure Outlook Express

Hi,I have got windows 7 installed and microsoft office outlook 2003 on a laptop. I would like to link my outlook to the University email, which is outlook web acess. I completly don't know how to start with it... Help

-reply by Lukasz