xisto Community
moldboy

Credit System How does it work?

I was wondering If an admin/mod, whoever is more knoledgable would kindly post and tell us all how the credit system actualy works. I know longer, more quality posts are worth more, but how about what actualy defines a high quality post? I you don't want to I understand, but the other night I posted a really long post and it took a good hour to write (I think) but I only got 5-7 credits for it, however today I posted another post much shorter, even shorter then this I think, and it got 1-2 credits.

It is a hidden secret algorithm that OpaQue would not share it with me LOL. But this is what I know so far. When you are newbie, the credit system is designed you with rewarding, let's say, 0.05 credits per word (a higher credit per word/post). [Please understand that this is not how it works but I am using it to clarify myself]As you climb the member rank the credits earned per word is diminished, encouraging you to participate in the forum often. This prevents and/or encourages two things: 1) a member earned constant credits per word/post a member can accumulate 365 credits and this forum will never see that member for 1 year, 2) instead of writing your usual ways, you begin to think of different writing style--this of course gives you higher credits earn per post. How exactly, I haven't a clue. But I notice it when I write a simple reply verses structured reply, my credit earned for that post fluctuates.It's also taken into a consideration that certain area may have higher traffic thus a member can earn quite a lot of credits instead of roaming around the forum. By limiting credits earned in the popular section, you are once again encouraged to participate in the discussion on other forum sections. And lastly, if your credit falls below zero the credit system is designed to reward you with each post--thereby bring you faster into a positive credit number, which in turn faster un-suspension of your website.

Yes.When you post one liner, like your post, moderators and administrators will delete it. Once your post is deleted, your credit is reduced sometimes more than you earned for that post.And when a member decides to ignore our warning and forum rules, like copying and pasting or spamming, moderators and administrators not only have the tool to delete (this will reduce earned credits) but perform additional deduction in your credits.

Interesting information. Thank you for sharing it with us. As of late, I haven't been able to post regularly, so my account is suspended as a result of that. It's good to know what to do to earn more credits, as I need to do that right now...

This information has been circulating and you can find it by searching the forum for key words, "hosting credit" and you will find this post http://forums.xisto.com/topic/6147-posting-activity-rule-automated-hosting-script-know-about-how-this-system-works/ and under HELP > Xisto README and again under the shoutbox "Xisto Readme." Although it is not specifically discussed as I have, for example the credit you earn per word because it's an average calculation based on my own post, but it is the very REASON that moderators and administrators are promoting "do not post one-liners" and "do not spam the board."

It is always a good idea to read the manual to everything. :)