xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
acumentech

Proxy Server In Linux Free proxy software in linux

Dear friend,I have a lan of 5 computers. All powered by fedora core 1. I have internet connection to only one system. How can I configure my lan to have internet connection in all my systems.plz reply

wait are you wanting all 5 comptuers to go through the same proxy? Or do you want to make a proxy server yourself?Or was your question how to get all of your computers to one connection (router)?

dear amhso,As said I have only dial up 56kbps net connection. In my hostel we have got a lan of 5 computers and mine is connected to net plz help me connecting to internet for all computersthanksacumentech

well get a router, and just get lan lines and connect them all...then connect the router to the modem. wireless is a bit more confusing... you said you ran linux so you have to have your eth0 card/onboard internet in use in order to hvae LAN connected to the router.

well freind for giving internet access to your freinds computer's you dont need anything more. Fedora already have a package for the proxy known as squid.you only have to configure the squid proxy server and then in the web browsers of your freinds you have to configure the port and the ip address of your lan card through which they will access the internet.you can configure the squid manually by reading the "linux how tos" or can use a graphical interface like webmin to configure the proxy.webmin can be used to configure all the other servers of linux also.

well freind for giving internet access to your freinds computer's you dont need anything more. Fedora already have a package for the proxy known as squid.you only have to configure the squid proxy server and then in the web browsers of your freinds you have to configure the port and the ip address of your lan card through which they will access the internet.you can configure the squid manually by reading the "linux how tos" or can use a graphical interface like webmin to configure the proxy.webmin can be used to configure all the other servers of linux also.

You don't actually need a proxy server for simple things such as sharing the Internet connection. This can be done via Network Address Translation, and for users who simply don't want to get dirty with iptables, Firestarter is for them. In a nutshell, Firestarter is a simple firewall with a comprehensive but clean user-interface.

Link: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Proxy connection

Proxy Server In Linux

Hi

I have broadband connection I need to connect it to linux eth1 and share all other windows as client of the linux server., using proxy how to do that and then I need to configure firewall to it

-reply by praveen kumar