xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tonny

Dreamweaver 2004 the best software for creating web site?

Hy there! I am creating website in dreamweaver2004. I am satisficted with it because it has got a lot of options and all other stuff.Creating a web site was never that easy. I created my web site in just one week. Of course its not done jet but 55% of work is done.I love create flash animation and place it in my web site.It is a big pleasure to have a funny and interesting flash animation and also visited web page.My opinion: Its maybe the best software for creating web sites?What do u think?do you know a better software?

I?ve said it a lot of times but I will say once again because I don?t get tired of it. :) Dreamweaver has always been the best web site builder, specially compared to the omnipresent Frontpage that basically sucks (although is getting better lately).

I am just starting to learn how to create websites using Macromedia Dreamweaver, and I am amazed on how beautiful a website would look when created using Dreamweaver. But I suggest you learn other website building tools like Adome Imageready and Frontpage. If you work as a freelance web designer like me, you MUST know how to use the rest. I have a client right now, and I have designed three lay-out already, which are already working and allmost all the contents included. But they want it simplier!OMG, I designed the first one with Adobe Imageready with all the animations and stuff, and now they want a simple one. So I created another lay-out using Microsoft Frontpage Express, but still they want it more simple and plain looking. So I am now doing it the prehistoric way - using Notepad. But I am doing the graphics and banners in Adobe Photoshop CS. I hope they would like my new lay-out.

And if you dont have time for design, you can always download templates from web. When you download them you just need to put your txt,flash, pictures, or anything else. and ,bam, you have your site. Thats very useful.

well,dreamweaver is fairly a great tool...web could bring you better webpage resource like template,picture,even some script...however you'd better to learn a little html language which could help you out.after that,notepad is good tool for design simply page.

Aditionally, you can also take advantage of multiple other tools for creating websites, depending on what you want to do.Of course, dw would be the main, but if you use macromedia you can also suck all the advantages this house offers: fireworks, flash and sometimes those other tools like captivate and stuff.You can also learn how to use a CMS and get a lot of work done as easy as heck (im still learning it), like wordpress, i highly recommend it.You must also have a little bit advanced knowledge of xhtml, css and a basic knowledge of php. If you do you are set, you can start making your own template for your site in one of those Content Managment Systems and see how easy is to add/edit/change content (once its configured properly) and how easy is to change the entire design (feel and look) of your site...I also love dreamweaver but with time, and learning other things dw kinda becomes implicit, and im feeling overwhelmed with all this new technologies (actually theyre only new to me hehe)... I mean sometimes dreamwewaver is just always there and you dont even realize that its it whos doing the heavy job...

We lub dreamweaver. Heck, it has the best standards support of any editing product around, since MX at least, because it worked with the WaSP group to clean up its act. And it supports PHP. (i think Frontpage only supports ASP, being a MS gig and all.)I think that you can outgrow dreamweaver, though. The last few months, I've moved away from using Dreamweaver to using normal text editors (not notepad : actually i'm using SciTE and BBedit, and Quanta or KATE (or KEdit or whatever it's called this week) if i can get K over my miserable 56k connection. It just works faster for me than dreamweaver, because it's a more direct interface (brain->fingers->computer, instead of brain->fingers->DW->computer)Still though, Dreamweaver roxors. BBEdit just roxors more ^_^

I have Dreamweaver Mx 2004 And I can't seem to do anything with it? The only good thing that it does for me is it counts the lines, so I can look where the error is, if the number is too high :lol:Other then that I just seem to spend too much time looking for options rather then just writing the code in notepad.... ^_^

well lucky for everyone else dw 2004, dw mx are out dated software and DW 8 is the new standard in designing, since it now fully supports xhtml coding which is a plus right now.

Hy there!

I am creating website in dreamweaver2004. I am satisficted with it because it has got a lot of options and all other stuff.

Creating a web site was never that easy. I created my web site in just one week. Of course its not done jet but 55% of work is done.

I love create flash animation and place it in my web site.It is a big pleasure to have a funny and interesting flash animation and also visited web page.

My opinion: Its maybe the best software for creating web sites?

What do u think?

do you know a better software?

196484[/snapback]

Nope!! I used this too for my website, not with flash and all, but it's definetly easy to use, and it's just great

mikeyy:P

yes DW 8 is the new one, and isnt amazingly differernt. Its a great program to use and has many many many helpful features, but you need to know ur way around the program first and have some knowledge of html. (and CSS if ur using versions MX 2004+, as they automaticly turn any font customising into a css style :lol:, again that is a very handy tool ^_^.

Dreamweaver's good, no doubt. Leaves Frontpage (shudder) in the dust. But I prefer Homesite over all of them. And if I'm feeling particularly sadistic, I'll code webpages in Komodo. :P

I use dreamweaver always for programming. It's just so complete.It has many features and there al also defeault frames and style sheets that you can use. Is supports almost all of the well known scipts languages. HTML, XML, ASP, PHP, CSS etc. It is easy to integrade Flash images/ banners to your website with Dreamweaver. It is also very good learning tool. You can see the changes immediately after changing the code. Some programma's can be better than Dreamweaver in one script language, but Dreamwaver is overal just a MUST for webmasters and scripters.