xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TerranUp16

Clan Pmm Mapmaking/Modding Clan

(please delete earlier topic as for some reason it posted before it was completed)Clan PMM is a subsidiary of the company Polar Entertainment (a new company which will create games for download on their website). Clan PMM originally started out in WarCraft III (and is still their). The clan arose there b/c of the powerful World Editor. Clan PMM is committed to modifying games, and the World Editor of WarCraft III was an excellent place to start. It is known to us that there are many other games that will be perfect for the clan to expand to. We will be reviewing these possibilities, and considering out options, but we'd like to know where you guys think we should expand next. There will be spots for chieftains available (possibly) in other games we decide to expand to. If you are good at creating maps, mods, models, icons, etc... please reply here (also reply if you want to join the WCIII portion of the clan).http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (under construction)

i can make 3d models pretty good... unfortunately... i dont know how to do anything but model... such as texture, make bones/animate, restraints/physics/properties... if someone else knows how... im good for modeling...

Hey, I'm Tikirokhan (a member of Clan PMM). I know that we have about 4 modelers for WCIII, perhaps they can help?Anyways, Clan PMM is pretty sweet. The WCIII portion at least is pretty sweet. I'm the graphical arts designer, but I also make maps and stuff as well (my main job is making loading screens for clan members). Although I'm only minimally involved in the clan campaign, I've been able to test the first 3 missions, and I can tell you guys it's top-notch. Terran said I could speak freely about it if I wanted, so...The name is Troll Wars: Uprising, and it's set before the first Orcish invasion. Peace reigns, with the exception of the Trolls, who are quite a nuissance. The King of Azeroth creates the Troll Containment Act which encourages Humans to hunt, capture, and kill Trolls for rewards. The Trolls then band together to fight the Humans (thus the name Troll Wars comes about; from what Terran has told my, Uprising is the first of at least 2 campaigns). One chief (Chief Harraxe) splits off from the other Trolls to carry on his own war. His force is very elite. You get to take command of his clan, the Blood Axes. I'll relate to you what I observed in the first 3 missions I was able to play. The first thing that immediately caught my eye were the 3 Troll mod models. You start off with 5 kinds of units: Troll Axewielder (a sweet mod model of a Troll with an axe in one hand, and a knife in the other; it's your basic Grunt-kinda unit), Troll Axethrower (uses the embedded WCIII model; basic ranged unit), Troll Scout (uses the embedded Trapper model; is invisible when not attacking, has attack range and damage, but slow attack cooldown), Troll Underling (uses a neat mod model; it's your basic worker unit), and Chief Harraxe (uses a very nice mod model; hero commander of Blood Axe clan; has the ability to learn Bolt Axe, Healing Beam, Vigor Aura, and Axe Swarm). After getting over the cool models, I noticed the terrain. You start out in a forest that actually feels like one. The terrain throughout the 3 missions I played the terrain was excellent in each of them, as it featured a good mix of having actual use, as well as looking nice. Everything flows well. I moved my forces deeper into the forest, looking for a clearing where I could build my base. I encountered more mod models on my way there! Human Guards are scattered throughout the forest and will report your prescence. If such happens, the outpost which you are trying to destroy will begin producing units to throw at you, and reinforcements will be summoned (the reinforcements will consist of not Guards and Archer Guards, but Footmen and Crossbowmen, which are much more deadly). I'll take a moment to digress about the models of the Humans. The Guard wear chain mail all over their body. It forms into a hood on their head. They also wear a long shirt going from neck to knees. The shirt has the Azerothien emblem on it (which is apparently a Lion's Head). They carry a two-handed sword. Archer Guard are essentially the same, minus the hood, with blue cloth instead of chain mail, and a bow instead of a sword. Footmen are similar to normal ones, but are still quite different. They're almost indescribable. The Crossbowmen are basically brown all over, have a quiver of arrows on their backs, carry a crossbow, and wear a brown hat. They look quite cool I think. Sergeant Maffrin commands the outpost and is the Human hero of the mission. He looks like a cross between a Footman and an Elven Swordsman, yet is neither, and infintely cooler than both. Now, back to the mission. You need to fend off enemy attacks while errecting a base and using bounty from killed enemies (yes, bounty, no more gold mines!), and continually pumping out Trolls. You then need to assault the outpost, whose walls are guarded by Archer Guards and a couple of Guard Towers. After smashing through the gates and making your way inside the outer walls, you must then enter the inner walls and destroy all the Barracks. It's quite fun, and looks great.Also, Terran wanted me to tell you guys that he accidently put their and not there in his last post b/c he wasn't thinking when he was typing and didn't proof-read, lol.

We are actually turning the project into a mod now.  If you are interested in joining the team, e-mail me at TerranUp16@hotmail.com

204118[/snapback]

Aye, and what a mod it will be. Already have 14 members, all quite good as well, and with me doing the actual modding? Heh, best mod ever. Really will be quite good. 8 new factions, ****load of new models, me doing the modding, new interfaces, me doing the modding, new splash screen, me doing the modding, new mpq, me doing the modding, new world editor, me doing the modding, new maps, me doing the modding, two new campaigns, me doing the modding, new everything, and of course, me doing the modding =)

Do you guys by any chance make starcraft Broodwar maps? It sorta gets old palying LT LT all the time and I love testing new maps so if you do make any sc maps or have made id love to see them :)