xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ZeroHawk

Disk Usage Oddity

Yesterday, my disk usage was 7mb. Today, it's 10mb. Why did it go up by 3mb overnight? I didn't upload any more files, nor did I get ANY hits. Why is my disk usage so high anyway? In the the disk usage manager, it doesn't add up to 10mb.

So when was the last time you uploaded? If it was the day before, then perhaps they missed it that day??? How close does the manual addition of the file sizes get to the 7 or 10 meg? Could there be rounding errors on the file manager display?Just some things to consider.

hi,members i would like to answer this question.sometimes the storage or disk usage not by you upload someting or delete something.you would know on your root dir there is a cache or tmp directory,that is it.it will storaging some of temprorary files which you put it on your restore place or delete but not refresh it.that is why you got the problem;you also went to check if your password not given to anyone others.and make sure no one else have upload something to your host.--and by the way ,if you have opened the ftp accounts to public or any others then you will know that they will use the ftp accounts to upload and download ,that's normal ,not a problem.and you couldn't control it except you deleted the accounts.--and also if you have some image library or forum or something php script which give the permission to the users to upload something like pics files ,mp3 or something like that.it will quickly changed your disk usage ,and even the 3 Mb is a little usage.that's all.thank you ,for secrurity issuse,just change your password you should do i think.take it easy and check it efficiency you will find the problem.your friends.guangdian