xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ZeroHawk

A Few Questions About Rendering

I'm rather new to graphic design, and I have absolutely no idea about renders, which I have a few qustions about.1)What exactly is a render?2)How do you make a render?3)Is the gimp capable of making renders (besides the flames stuff)4) If not, are there any free programs that can?

A render is normally a very high quality image of a person or object that is placed over the background of a sig. Quite often characters from computer games are used, although some people like vehicles and other objects.

If you look at Game Renders you will see loads of examples in the gallery and forums.

To make a render you need a screenshot or another high quality image of the object you want, then you need to cut around it using a lasso tool to remove the background. You can also use layers to remove the background, and there are tutorials about this on Game Renders and Pixel2Life under the Adobe Photoshop section.

The GIMP is perfectly capable of both making renders and using them in sigs, although most people prefer to use Adobe Photoshop. Most Photoshop tutorials can be transferred to make sense in the GIMP, although some features are in different places, under different names or not available.

im sure that renders are actuall 3D models from the game, that have been rendered , into ..orginally and usually PNG format, then the developers of the game distribute them.I dont know if im completly wrong on that one, but what i said does explain how you do actually render 3D objects in 3d programs.

You MUST Check that the image you are going to render can be legally edited.. or you have written permission from the artist.

well to add a little more to what becca said most of the 6000+ images i have or had made where not ask by the the original author, but thats another debate and topic right there.but rval pretty much answered your questions about renders.com