xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
thebluekirby

Trends That Get Too Popluar... Why do I hold a grudge agents them @_@?

When you go out and see someone dressed in the latest trends, like gothic, or "gangster", and walk around as if they're all that....don't get the feeling that you want to hate them so much, no matter who they are?Especailly all the super popular songs, bands, chewing gum...tv shows...if everyone does it, don't you just want to hate every person who does it/likes it? It's a feeling hard to explain, but I had to make a rant that people should try to come up with their own unqiue personalites instead of copying off other people, and doing what everyone else is doing. I dunno, it's kinda hard to explain =/ but i just needed a place to rant and hopefully i can find someone who thiks the same as me and better explain it =/

When you go out and see someone dressed in the latest trends, like gothic, or "gangster", and walk around as if they're all that....don't get the feeling that you want to hate them so much, no matter who they are?

Especailly all the super popular songs, bands, chewing gum...tv shows...if everyone does it, don't you just want to hate every person who does it/likes it? It's a feeling hard to explain, but I had to make a rant that people should try to come up with their own unqiue personalites instead of copying off other people, and doing what everyone else is doing. I dunno, it's kinda hard to explain =/ but i just needed a place to rant and hopefully i can find someone who thiks the same as me and better explain it =/

195491[/snapback]

I completly agree! Everyone is like a copy of another person! I mean I think everyone knows the saying,

"You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same!"

It completly works with society today! I mean, how many people do you know that aren't exactly like somone else in the way they dress/act/watch movies/ect.

i dont' have a problem with gothic people, they're just being themselves i guess. But what i can't stand is the gangster type of people (especially the asian gangsters). Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying that all asian are bad, i'm asian myself. i hate how they dress. Baggy pants and shirts that is down to their knees. Long spiky hair. The way they talk and everything..they do, made me embrassesed of my own heritage. The thing that irratate me the most is that they think they are better than everyone, and only hang around with their little group (filled with asian people like themselves).

i dont' have a problem with gothic people, they're just being themselves i guess. But what i can't stand is the gangster type of people (especially the asian gangsters). Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying that all asian are bad, i'm asian myself. i hate how they dress. Baggy pants and shirts that is down to their knees.  Long spiky hair. The way they talk and everything..they do, made me embrassesed of my own heritage.  The  thing that irratate me the most is that they think they are better than everyone, and only hang around with their little group (filled with asian people like themselves).

195504[/snapback]

Heh, pretty much like me. Although if your not from the UK then our concept of Asian is different.

It's a bit harsh saying you want to hate all the poeple that dress the same though. What about the armed forces that supposedly protect you frominvading countries. Or doctors and nurses and firefighters etc. They all have to wear the same clothes and use the same jargon. Do you hate all of them too?

sometimes you can't tell wether some boys are gay cause there are wearing pink shirts. but i wear pink shirts and so do my mates and none of us are gay that i know of

????

but anyhoo. . . . trends are trends, it'll be gone or changed within a few years or so. and i bet ur part of a trend too, you probably just don't label yourself.
I hate the trends where people label them self as a trend.
I.E Emos saying their emo, Goths saying their goths, Wanna be Gangsta's callin themselves gangstas. . . . . its all fake. . . people should just be themselves. . . .

I completly agree! Everyone is like a copy of another person! I mean I think everyone knows the saying,

"You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same!"

It completly works with society today! I mean, how many people do you know that aren't exactly like somone else in the way they dress/act/watch movies/ect.

195501[/snapback]

Not everoyone one is this way its just that wats is kool people will try to be like that but the thing that annoys me is when someone is acting a certain way then it becomes popular everyone does it and the person who started it may not like people doing it or the other people who call themselves cool put down people who originally started this for coping even tho they copied. I just feel like kicked there *bleep*. Thats y i have 10 detetions since a trend i started became popular

I just don't like it when, after you've been doing something for ages, someone else deemed "popular" does it once and then its a trend.. and then people think that you're just another one following another trend. But if you stop just because of what its become.. you're almost as bad as the rest of them.The whole issue confuses me, so I do my best to stay away from trends in every way possible :)'

I just don't like it when, after you've been doing something for ages, someone else deemed "popular" does it once and then its a trend.. and then people think that you're just another one following another trend.  But if you stop just because of what its become.. you're almost as bad as the rest of them.

The whole issue confuses me, so I do my best to stay away from trends in every way possible :)'

195939[/snapback]

you can but if u really love something and it becomes a trend dont get rid of it just hurt everyone else real bad. U may get a few bruises since your fighting everyone but ull knock out atleast one popular student

i dont' have a problem with gothic people, they're just being themselves i guess.

Ummm.... wrong. Their trying to be just like everybody else... who wears all black clothes and white makeup and pretends to be so "intense." HAHA yeah right they're sooo scary...
OK here's a little TIP... Trends like goth and gangsta where a "particular look" is trying to be achieved... is just plain STUPID. How many people above 30 actually dress like this? I can't think of any except maybe music stars and they certainly aren't brilliant... They are just trying to make money off these poor dumb schmucks who see them and think they are sooo great. All they want is their money from buying all this crap & trying to look like them.

I feel sorry for kids/people who feel they have to "look different" (which they don't because everyone else in their click looks just like them) to think they are special or unique. The good news is that most of these people will wise up sooner or later and drop this "act" they have going and move into the real world were the rest of us live. It's a matter of growing up, maturing and taking responsibility for your life, and not just going with the crowd...

In a way you can't blame some of them.Most are still trying to find out who they are... just in a really cattle like way(*cough* Paris Hilton *cough*)It's true that also being different is something to be praised and not pushed away, just because you don't wear full TNA.Like one time I came to school wearing jeans and a ripped sweater, and everyone thought it was hot. Sometimes people copy in order to fit in, or just have the sence of belonging... and for others, it's just 'cause "it's so in"True. I do get a little flustered when I walk down the halls and see herds of clones, but whatever. It's just high school. The only thing that matters to me is that they're clean, and fully dressed. :)

There will always be trends. If there wasn't then we'll all be dressed in cavemen cloths or colonial clothing. Trends make a society move onward and advance. Like Dvd players were just a trend, but look at it now, its everywhere. Same with computer, there are computers in every part of the world. People shouldn't be hating trends, you can dress whatever you want. But, yeah I agree with you on the issue of all the Gothic and Gangsta looks everywhere. Why can't they just dress like a normal person without all the ornate things on their clothing?

But, yeah I agree with you on the issue of all the Gothic and Gangsta looks everywhere. Why can't they just dress like a normal person without all the ornate things on their clothing?

I've been asked plenty of times if I'm gothic. And I'm not.. I just appear to be. I don't really consider myself anything.. Its the "gothic" people who are the way they are because they want to be something that you have to worry about, not the ones who are the way they are because..well.. thats just the way they are.

When I wake up in the morning I put on whatever I happen to grab first. Since most of my clothes are black, thats what I grab. I spend no time on black makeup, or white makeup for that matter, and while I wear a ridiculous amount of bracelets, thats about it. I have a couple of chains, as well, and some nail-resembling earrings. But I don't have those things to look like a goth, I have them because I like them. Not all gothic people are the posers you're making them out to be.

This is what I'm talking about, with getting caught up in trends and looking like you're follwing the rest... :)'

Honestly I don't notice this as much as I did when I was 14/15. Maybe I was trying to find a place for myself or set myself apart from everyone else back then. Lately I just don't care what the trend is. I like all sorts of music, I wear the cheapest clothes and the most comfortable clothes I can find (They're usually cheap...) because tight pants hurt and all black isn't... nice... on me >_>, and I never knew chewing gum was a fad =X.Now I guess I could be labeled for a lot of the stuff I do. I went from black hair to platnium blonde and darker blonde highlights, I went from many piercings to only earrings, I went from wearing dark black eyeliner to wearing... bright colored make up ( I wanted to be a cosmotologist so I took make up *ehe* ) but I did know how to apply the black eyeliner unlike a lot of people. I changed a lot... whoa.Anyways I guess my opinion has changed over time. I guess it comes with being older? I don't know. Maybe I'll get back into it once I get into University. I do agree that trends can go to far, I don't want to see a reality of the stepford wives or etc.