xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kevlar557

Those Who Think Video Games Lead To Violence It really makes me mad...

video gamesThose Who Think Video Games Lead To Violence

Parenting is a HUGE factor in the aggressive behavior in children but there are many other factors to consider as well...Such as the environment!  It's not rocket science to figure out that CHILDREN LEARN WHAT THEY LIVE!  If they live with violence all around them then some of them will become de-sensitized to it over time.  

I am not going to say that all video games are bad but there are some that have large amounts of violence and gore that are not suitable for children.  That is why these games have ratings of M for mature and it is the parents responsibility to screen which games are suitable for their children.

I do not purchase video games for my child but only because I want him to be connected with nature and do productive, physical activities in the outdoors.  I do not want him spending hours and hours in front of a tv screen or any other electronic device.  You miss out on so many important things in life when you are plugged in.  Parents need to monitor their kids screen time and game selections and stop making excuses for their child's aggressive behavior.  I want to scream, WAKE UP and TAKE  CONTROL OF YOU KIDS...GET INVOLVED IN WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND WATCHING.  IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY!!

-reply by Stacie

roles reversedThose Who Think Video Games Lead To Violence

My be because they want to shoot people in school they practise with shooter games. I play shooting games and all I do is make violence related jokes that don't actually threaten people. I'm not going to shoot down my school and neither our my gamer friends.

-reply by bablet16

I think that games do have some part in making people mean but it not all there flt. The rest is on the mom and dad if they allow there kids to play those games then they should be the ones getting the blame for it with the kids. And if the kid is mean and does bad stuff and then you let them play those game then they and going to be more mean and do more bad stuff. And that a fact /txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley4.Gif

-feedback by barney1589