xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Lyubomyr

Macromedia Dreamweaver MX to be or not to be

How do find it?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tell your opinion about Macromedia Dreamweaver MX. How long have you been working with this editor? Do you see some lacks in its working? What programme can be concurent of Dreamweaver? Maybe you can recommend some different things and who knows where I can find Russian version :rolleyes:

I love it! I use this program to make my Templates all the time. Make the template in Photoshop, then edit the HTMl in Dreamweaver. I think that it kills Frontpage. The reason for that is because Frontpage only focuses on HTML, while Dreamweaver does a lot more scripts.

I like it better than frontpage, but if you dont want to shell out the money for it, you can try a free program like AceHTML. It gets the job done and its easy to use.http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

AceHTML?... As I know it was made for professionals and you must know very good HTML code to make your own pages. But I didn't work with it. Could you tell me more information about it? Does it allow PHP or making CGI scripts? Thanx in advance.

i think dreamweaver is grrreat!except that it can handle so many thingsthat your need to spend a lot of time learningthe finer art of manipulation of all thedelicate stuff. someone told me ....its all you'll ever need. hope thats true, though.

Besides TSW Web Editor I use also Macromedia Dreamveawer MX 2004. I like its support for Webdesigner, Combo-style, and Webcoders. What I am talking about is that u can change style of views in making websites eg. while changing code in HTML or CSS document u see difference of your work in just a second.

Really good program from Website building, better then FrontPage.

For better understanding of HTML and CSS I suggest http://www.w3schools.com/

Have nice day all.

AceHTML?... As I know it was made for professionals and you must know very good HTML code to make your own pages. But I didn't work with it. Could you tell me more information about it? Does it allow PHP or making CGI scripts? Thanx in advance.

I am sure if it does support PHP or CGI, as I never used those features. Here is their website if you want more info: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

DreamWeaver is difficult to use, and you have to pay for it of course.I like these better:Nvu (WYSIWYG)HTML-kitAlleyCodeAceHTMLFrontpage sucks... :rolleyes:

yeah I reaaly like Dreamweaver MX, its reaaly simple to use has a great interface, and can be used to make simple javascript if you dont know any like rollovers and stuff, and the HTML code it creates i usually clean, cant find any immediate faults with it. :rolleyes:

macromedia dreamweaver's layout is hard to under stand, unless you have a tutorial. If you want tutorials for it go to http://www.pixel2life.com/ . Actually that site has tutorials for everything. I go there all the time. its a very good program for web developers but i wouldnt pay for it. but thats just me

Dreamweaver MX is fairly a good tool for designing website.i use it much and found my website by using it.the feature of it is rather better than others,i think.