xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mithshark

Anti Adware With adaware 6

This program has been a "Best freind" to all of us for a couple years loving all stuff free.Many of us are familiar with the free version of Ad-Aware, which removes unwanted adware and spyware after they land on your PC for $27 the plus version offers more proactive features, such as real-time monitoring for blocking pop-up ads. It also prevents home-page switches in your Web browser, and it prohibits Web site-based Active-X programs from installing on your PC. Finally, the program lets you back up adware components before you remove them, in case you accidentally cripple one you want, such as Kazaa.This latest SE version features improved results screens and more detailed statistics. It lets you protect sensitive system files. It lets you scan your Registry, memory, and hard disk faster and more extensively. It has an improved interface, permanent archive caching, and a new technology to identify new and unknown variants of known targets. Finally, it lets you scan spanned archives and Cabinet files. soem of this sentaces (to random to quote) were takin off of Adaware official site!

A great program, to bad we have to take measures to prevent this happeneing. How hard is this program to by pass, when you want to allow something through on your web browser?

It is always better to avoid questionable web sites and only use trusted web sites. Also switch from internet explorer to something less popular for creating viruses. Also if have special knowledge - use registry editing tools and you might avoid slow-down effects of anti-spyware tools ^_^

I use the free version of ad-aware and don't feel that it would be necessary to spend money on upgrading just to experience this ad-watch program. I'm not too sure what it is, but I use my google toolbar for blocking my pop-up adverts and there's another program, spybot's teapot program which runs in the background and informs me when registry entries have been edited, asks me if i accept the change.These programs are all good and I haven't yet been bombarded with viruses!