xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
penny665

Win Xp Home Question

ok here is the problem, i am sharing a computer with 4 other people. we all have our own accounts, 2 of them are Admin accounts, so along with one other and myself there are only 2 people who can change passwords on windows accounts.So my question is... Is there anyway that i can get it so the passwords cannot be changed by anyone other than the user. or a program that makes certian folders, and settings are password protected so only i can use them? anyway thank you in advance and please help me im desperate! :)

I'm not sure of this, since i dont have multiple accounts on this computer, but usually these things ask for your old password when trying to change your current password. Unless, you've given your current password away to the other "admin", you shouldnt really have to worry all that much about someone messing around with your settings. But, i could be wrong.

I'm not sure of this, since i dont have multiple accounts on this computer, but usually these things ask for your old password when trying to change your current password. Unless, you've given your current password away to the other "admin", you shouldnt really have to worry all that much about someone messing around with your settings. But, i could be wrong.

I'm afraid you are wrong. When a user changes his password, they ask for his own password. But if an admin want to change a user password, he can change it without the use password. So an admin can change an admin password, it is a fact

well,like what pawitp said,administrator can change or delete any user(guest or other administrator).so you should not set the right of this kind,you can only set password for your private file by some software(the easily way is winrar :) )