xisto Community
Hiaito

What Is Life? Stumped?

First of all I think that every discuss about life have to delimit what we're talking about when we say "life". Just as Glockmeister said.

In my point of view, these six are the items people use to confuse when talking about live. And justbiology -> Have been already said. It's a scientific definition so it's nothing else to talk about, because need no more explanation than the facts.

soul -> completely fake. Useless to talk about it. (but give happiness to fools). This discuss may end in "my God say that"

spirit -> completely fake. Useless to talk about it (but give happiness to artists). Idem

will -> interesting to discuss about (I don't believe in it, but is nice to think about it)

conscience -> Is de cartesian Rex Cogitans. And maybe the point where every kind of philosophy must begun

mind -> If someone believe in it as something outside the physical world. (psychic believes or virtual existence)

I may forget about some other item.

And among all this stuff I just believe in biology and in an only universal conscience. I will write soon about this here, in this hostsite. But I advise that it's nothing more than a demonstration by reduction ad absurdum to everyone of the other points, and finally, the same thing to the individual. And of course I can be wrong.

So for me life is what I once called in a metaphysic tale: "the eyes of the universe watching himself"

Edited by darthvaron (see edit history)