xisto Community
kvarnerexpress

Norton's System Works Predicament

Norton's System Works Predicament.... Does anyone have any ideas how to COMPLETELY remove NORTON from the system, W2K Pro. I have gone into the system and removed every trace of Norton and Symantec and anything else that looks like them. I have gone to Norton's web site and downloaded and used all of their prescribed cleaning tools and suggestions and still to no avail, I can't get rid of it. It says its' gone but it's NOT..... What happened is this, I inadvertently uninstalled too much of Norton's Systems Works originally. All I wanted to do was remove the virus portion and later found files on the system and started deleting. That is what got me in trouble, too much too quick..... Now, I cannot reinstall any part of Norton's System Works. The attempted reinstallation tells me that the selection of programs I want to install are already installed and the one selection that it will let me install, I get a message, (Windows window) ?Please insert the disk DJS shared licensing? and of course I do NOT have such a disk..... Can anyone shed some light on my predicament ?Thanks,kvarnerexpress

Norton's System Works Predicament

.... Does anyone have any ideas how to COMPLETELY remove NORTON from the system, W2K Pro. I have gone into the system and removed every trace of Norton and Symantec and anything else that looks like them. I have gone to Norton's web site and downloaded and used all of their prescribed cleaning tools and suggestions and still to no avail, I can't get rid of it. It says its' gone but it's NOT.

.... What happened is this, I inadvertently uninstalled too much of Norton's Systems Works originally. All I wanted to do was remove the virus portion and later found files on the system and started deleting. That is what got me in trouble, too much too quick.

.... Now, I cannot reinstall any part of Norton's System Works. The attempted reinstallation tells me that the selection of programs I want to install are already installed and the one selection that it will let me install, I get a message, (Windows window) Please insert the disk DJS shared licensing and of course I do NOT have such a disk.

.... Can anyone shed some light on my predicament ?

Thanks,kvarnerexpress

193327[/snapback]

Hi.

I am new to the group and I have the same problem.

If you find out the resolution, can you please let me know.