xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Avalon

Demon Sig by Avalon

I changed the color of the demon instead of the background, the deep red was a little too much. I was trying to make a firey background but know I think it looks a little monochromatic.

Posted Image

It kinda looks monochromatic, but you can solve that by brushing more than one layer. I mean, brush one layer, make a another layer, and start brushing that one. Then change the color of each brush layer. That's what I do with my sigs.

I actually like the first one better, i think the collors are good, the demon gets in front now, i think that's important, the second is indeed to monochromatic....

i think if you did the sig like i did with my one year gift the dragon would pop out just a bit, but yeah the second one looks a little better, a suggestion would be to grunge the background just a bit.

Agree with most comments ^^I would also say, though, the font choice is quite good - but I don't like the effect you've put on it much. Something more textured or solid looking would be more suitable in my opinion.

It kinda looks monochromatic, but you can solve that by brushing more than one layer. I mean, brush one layer, make a another layer, and start brushing that one. Then change the color of each brush layer. That's what I do with my sigs.

192823[/snapback]

What I was tring to get was the effect of the demon bursting out of a firey background in a menacing manner.

Actually that sig has 9 layers of brushing, with the brush color alternated between black and white on each layer. Each brush layer also has some variation between 'overlay' and 'soft light' for the brush mode. In addition there are also 5 color balance layers with the cloud filter used on each one.

These are techniques I have learnt from the various tutorials posted here and they have improved my resulting sigs, but obviously I still need more practice. I must say though, it does get somewhat confusing with totally different suggestions coming from people for the various sigs I have made. e.g. add a drop shadow, remove the drop shadow. Everyone has their opinion of what they like I guess. :P

Personally I like the original sig better because it puts some emphasis on the demon. :huh: