xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bonniecool

Heard Of Oled? latest visual technology

Hey guys have you heard about OLED?Organic Light-Emitting Diode (OLED) technology An OLED is an electronic device made by placing a series of organic thin films between two conductors. When electrical current is applied, a bright light is emitted. This process is called electrophosphorescence. Even with the layered system, these systems are very thin, usually less than 500 nm (0.5 thousandths of a millimeter). When used to produce displays, OLED technology produces self-luminous displays that do not require backlighting. These properties result in thin, very compact displays. The displays also have a wide viewing angle, up to 160 degrees and require very little power, only 2-10 volts. OLED displays have other advantages over LCDs as well: * Increased brightness * Faster response time for full motion video * Lighter weight * Greater durability * Broader operating temperature rangesWhat can you say with this latest technology?This will really change our lifestyle.

My new MP3 player has an oled. I wrote a review on it when I got it a while back. Check here
It's nice and bright, and it really works well in a small device due to the low power requirements and compact size.
Plus it looks cool..Blue.

Yea, I heard about the OLED technology. It's really cool. When used, it takes up very little space as compared to a conventional display and has a classy look/touch to it. I remember when the technology was just coming out that I saw a magazine article about it. It showed a picture of a prototype device that showed that the OLED display had a flexible characteristic to it. Pretty cool if you ask me. It's interesting to see where technology is taking us, especially in the field of displays. Thanks for the info!

It's just a film that produces light. It's very thin, well suited for new-age mp3 players and mobile phones.
If computer monitors or television screens are also made with this technology, they would be even thinner than the current flat screen television.

You can find more about this technology here...
http://www.wave-report.com/tutorials/oled.htm

Ive heard that the oled screen is dim because they wanted to keep the battery life up. Hopefully there will be a firmware upgrade soon that will increase the brightness of the screen. Its a solid player but my first impression with a hands on was the same.

no what is it . im thinking that it is somesort of hologram but i really do not know

As the name implies, it uses the same basic techniques as an LED, but instead uses organic materials, which means that the screens are much more durable/flexible.
I've read about a concept for a computer screen that will be able to roll-up, like a slide projector screen.

Ive heard that the oled screen is dim because they wanted to keep the battery life up.

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, OLEDs actually are brighter than conventional LCD/LED displays, but over time they do begin to become dimmer (as the organics being to "decompose"), but I believe they will last at least 2 years before beginning to dim (maybe longer).

another option for display products manufacturers, I really love seeing these kind of information. I just hope they can maximize and fully utilize the potentials of these LEDs and at the same time give it to end users without so much price to pay with.Thanks for sharing this one, as other have mentioned this seems to be being applied already, I have just encountered this now...from you bonniecool

Well, being organic, certain parts would have to be "grown", so it all depends on what kinds of organics are being used and what they require to grow (I'm pretty sure the remaining materials can be constructed without too high a cost).

oh yes ive heard. its nice of you to write something up like that thought. very informative. my dad used to make ome sort of glass they used with it. and though being organic i dont suppose its going to grow. they would have though of that when they invented the technology.

No, the entire thing wouldn't be grown, per se, but it contains organic components and is fabricated out of very small parts (sometimes at the mollecular level). Excuse my confusing use of the word "grown."

Hey guys have you heard about OLED?
Organic Light-Emitting Diode (OLED) technology

An OLED is an electronic device made by placing a series of organic thin films between two conductors. When electrical current is applied, a bright light is emitted. This process is called electrophosphorescence. Even with the layered system, these systems are very thin, usually less than 500 nm (0.5 thousandths of a millimeter).

When used to produce displays, OLED technology produces self-luminous displays that do not require backlighting. These properties result in thin, very compact displays. The displays also have a wide viewing angle, up to 160 degrees and require very little power, only 2-10 volts.

OLED displays have other advantages over LCDs as well:

* Increased brightness
* Faster response time for full motion video
* Lighter weight
* Greater durability
* Broader operating temperature ranges

What can you say with this latest technology?

This will really change our lifestyle.

s i hav head of it man...plz giv me more info....be fast