xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Hiaito

Psp Vs Ds

The PSP in my eyes has much better graphics, and is better built. What happens if your DS flip screen snaps??? I think the PSP is overall much better in every way. The main thing I find is that Nintendo games are quite childish and are marketed at the younger age group. Where-as Sony has built up a very wide range of games from your gangs and crime to your sports and adventure. So personally i'll be buying a PSP.

In the first place i have both but what is the cuestion?Psp Is Better Than The Ds I am sick of all of this crap I'v been hearing about the Nintendo DS being better than the Sony PSP.Lets look at a list of differences between the Nintendo DS and the Sony PSP. The PSP has 16 million MORE colors than the DS The PSP is black, smooth, and shiny (the DS isn't any of those) The PSP can hook up to your computer (they already have PSP linux) The processing speed...DITO (PSP wins by 300 mghz) You can color on the ds touchscreen :S, burn You can play awesome games on the PSP (If you like Kirby: Canvis Curse, instead of Metal Gear Ac!d, you have problems dude)The DS is for nerdy zit-faced kidsThe PSP is for mature and cool teens and adult.What about the battery life for the PSP, vs. the DS? Well, I have tested it, and I played Twisted Metal for 8 hours, without the battery failing. If you look atthe specs, the PSP actually has a longer battery, but the only problem is that the PSP is so full of power and speed, that the power can't last very long. I think that 8 hoursfor the PSP, vs. the 10for the DS isn'tthat big of a difference, if you notice that the PSP has way funner games anyways. (If I were you, I would ditch the handhelds and getan XBOX 360.)So, if you are a nerdy kid, who wants a spiced-up version of a piece of coloring-paper, then the DS is for you!But if you're looking for a great system with awesome games, nice looks, and tons of options, than the PSP is definatly the portable gaming system for you.

*sigh* fanboys galore. Both systems are good for what they do. The DS is innovative, but most games don't take full advantage of it, and the selling point is an over-glorified tamagatchi.The psp is good for console quality games, yet most of them are exactly like their console counterparts.Pros for the DS:-touchscreen-microphone-wifi-tons of gamesCons for DS:-most games suck-clamshell design is known to break :)-touchscreen is unresponsivePros for PSP:-movies, movies, movies-most games are at least decent-has the ability to run homebrew-music player-katamari damacy (japan release: dec 22, 2005)Cons for PSP:-cant see the screen in any kind of light-speakers suck-not many games-battery life while watching movies sucks-analog "nub" is so-so-sony makes firmware to block homebrew :)-dead pixels-Smart BombOver all, I think the good far outweighs the bad when it comes to the psp, but I can't see more than $200 for it (I got it used :P)The Gamepark GPX2 looks sweet, its a linux based handheld with loads of emulators, doom, and quake right off the start, also has tv-out. Not bad for ~ $180. It seems like the best handheld so far.

*sigh* fanboys galore. Both systems are good for what they do. The DS is innovative, but most games don't take full advantage of it, and the selling point is an over-glorified tamagatchi.

The psp is good for console quality games, yet most of them are exactly like their console counterparts.

Pros for the DS:

-touchscreen

-microphone

-wifi

-tons of games

Cons for DS:

-most games suck

-clamshell design is known to break :)

-touchscreen is unresponsive

Pros for PSP:

-movies, movies, movies

-most games are at least decent

-has the ability to run homebrew

-music player

-katamari damacy (japan release: dec 22, 2005)

Cons for PSP:

-cant see the screen in any kind of light

-speakers suck

-not many games

-battery life while watching movies sucks

-analog "nub" is so-so

-sony makes firmware to block homebrew :lol:

-dead pixels

-Smart Bomb

Over all, I think the good far outweighs the bad when it comes to the psp, but I can't see more than $200 for it (I got it used :P)

The Gamepark GPX2 looks sweet, its a linux based handheld with loads of emulators, doom, and quake right off the start, also has tv-out. Not bad for ~ $180. It seems like the best handheld so far.

203911[/snapback]

I totally agree, I'm getting tired of fanboys too, I've been on these forums for a while now, trying to show the consoles, handheld and not, are all good, only fanboys really choose sides and fight about it and whatnot, they really look like nerds. But still, right now i wouldn't pick either because the gaming hasnt gone tooo good with the handhelds yet since the advance. If nintendo does with ds what they did with the advance, then i would go with the ds because not because i choose sides, but because of the gaming, playability of the games, and the linkability with the console. If the psp does what gaming is doing on the consoles now i say f that, because games playability these days is getting terrible, immaturity and shooters that is all... good games are dying i believe.

The psp is much better, I have bothAnd here are sum reaosn1.Remote play2.Graphics3.Memory4.Connectivity5.FunctionalityBonus: better looking interface-reply by jason

Well even though this post is ancient. PSP are much better... Battery life problem for PSP? buy the 3200mah battery gives you like 10-11 hours of game play...TV output on PSP slim.. You can hook up the PSP to your 50 INCH LCD TV WITH HIGH DEFINITION AND PLAY FINAL FANTASY CRISIS CORE OMG - nintendo DS doesnt have that cabability so play on your ****ty little double screen while us PSP'ers play PSP on a near by 50 INCH LCD TV HIGH DEFINITION..Better games by far...FF:CRISIS CORE is legend and nintendo games like kirby and ninja gaiden don't cut it...PSP has monster hunter 2 aswell which is also a huge game these days...Custom firmware...HMMM I HAVE A PSP WHY don't I JUST PUT THE NINTENDO DS EMULATOR ON MY PSP AND PLAY NINTENDO DS GAMES WOOOOOOOT.Pwned.GAME SHARING... Give other PSP players your games to share to play some multiplayer..PSP - portable TVPSP - internet browser/ go on internetPSP - memory cards up to 8GB...PwndPSP - can always be fixed with a pandoras battery unless something else is broken like the screen.PSP - PSP camera, take photos and videos..They aren't **** quality either.PSP - PSP has that portable technical look, design is awesomePSP - costs too much? BULL**** buy a 2nd hand PSP and hack it yourself. Costs like $130 for 2nd handDS - its ancient and everything sucks to be honest 2 years after its realease and the DS's technology is already out of date and ****ty. PSP - its techonlogy inside still good for its mobility today eg the graphics card inside isn't old as. The price to pay for when it first came out was good for how long its technology will last for years to come. In 2010 PSP will be almost like a GBA but DS's will probably die out and become ****ty like GBA in 2009.-reply by Martin

Well i'd like to give to a detailed discription on which handheld gaming system prevails. I say the Nintendo DS prevails against the PSP.
The Nintendo DS (Dual-Screen), in my mind, is better than the PSP (Portable-Sony-Playstation) because of the very fact that the Nintendo DS truly exists to be a better console than the PSP. Nintendo are more experienced in the way of the portable, and Sony are just out to get more money and try to 'dominate the whole market' as I put it. Unlike Nintendo, Sony are just out to make money. Lots and lots of money. They don't give a damn about there customers either.

On another note, Sony use discs. Discs are much worse for a Portable. Sure, they can hold more stuff. But, if you leave a disc out in the open too long, dust collects on the back of it, it gets scratched and the data corrupts.

Also, the internet on it? You do realise they'll have to charge you for that somehow and you'll still need a wireless connection in the house or place that you're doing it in. The wireless internet isn't much use without WI-FI, just for the tip there.

The DS has at least a 2-4 hour better battery time, I think it was, then the PSP, which makes more time for gaming. The PSP will give you 4 -6 hours of Gaming and 4-5 hours of Video, while the DS gives you from 6 to 10 hours of gaming play with a 4 hour charge. (I don't know the PSP's charge time).

I must admit, the PSP looks stylish. I liked the look of it, actually. It's a nice sleek black color with rounded edges. It's got that to it, but from what I've read, it has a bad framerate. Even though it does boast a good 16.77 million colours and a 1.3 inches larger screen, the console just seems to lack something. It's doesn't seem 'special' enough, especially for the $180 they're asking for it.

The Nintendo DS isn't something that's out to compete with the PSP, unlike people's ideas. the DS is there to show off what new technology they have and what they can do, instead of trying to steal the show. This is not the new Gameboy, this is the Nintendo DS, more of an experimental handheld. Unlike the PSP, it's not trying to be super big, it's trying to be technological. It's got a sleek looking design and has to have enough power in it to power two screens, it does that perfectly and still lasts longer than the PSP.

The PSP, from reading its specs, seems cluttered with dials to turn things off, turn things down and such. The screen dominates it and it doesn't give enough room for anything else. I mean, how are you supposed to bite it when you get mad? It's flimsy and could break in your hands, never mind your jaw.

That's why I'd go for the Nintendo DS, instead of the PSP. If I got enough money, I'd buy a PSP, of course. I'd like to see how good, or bad, it is, really. But, unfortunately, I don't got the money and $180 sounds a bit much for my liking, especially with bills and stuff coming on in.

I will have to disagree because i for my self have a psp and with the psp you can go online. and you can play online games with the psp which you cant on the ds unless you have Pokemon and that only battles. I'm talking about games where you can actually play multi players like socom fireteam bravo 2. if you don't know what it Google it.

GAME SHARING... Give other PSP players your games to share to play some multiplayer..PSP - portable TVPSP - internet browser/ go on internetPSP - memory cards up to 8GB...PwndPSP - can always be fixed with a pandoras battery unless something else is broken like the screen.PSP - PSP camera, take photos and videos..They aren't **** quality either.PSP - PSP has that portable technical look, design is awesomePSP - costs too much? BULL**** buy a 2nd hand PSP and hack it yourself. Costs like $130 for 2nd hand I agree.

DS hands down. Just take a look at the gaming shelf. The DS has a lot more games out for it. Although not all of them may be high quality games. I can say that the DS still makes more games that are awesome then the PSP. The only games I'd buy for the PSP are their remakes....and maybe Patapon. That game looks fun.

I own both and my overall feeling is that they are really two very different things.The DS is like the gameboy with games galore, but ultimately most of those games are minutes of entertainment, good mostly for short breaks. The PSP seems to have inherited a lot from the Playstation, and to some extent a lot of the really good games are ports and/or games far more demanding in terms of time or attention.Overall I've spent far more time playing games on the PSP even though I bought the DS first and had a bigger DS game collection for a while, but this is a "your milage may vary" type of preference. Some people may prefer DS games, but if we're talking quality games, the DS library had little or no advantage over the PSP library.