xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
grnjd

How To Get Less Fat and get big

Working out is a must for everyone from athletes to little kids (yeah really). There are two steps you can take. 1) Cutting or 2) bulkingEveryone prefers the latter because they believe cutting can actually make you lose muscle mass. This is not true if you diet right and don?t over work yourself. If you want to cut, first look at yourself in the mirror, are you overweight (can?t help you there if you?re anorexic)? Most Americans are, so you must eat less, meaning cutting your calories to 75% of what you normally eat. The average intake for adults are 2000 so cut that to 1500. After you are on the diet and if you feel hungry all the time, chances are you are. So increase calorie intake if you feel that you are not eating enough. You HAVE TO stay motivated if you actually want to reach your goals; and please set realistic goals. Lets say, you are 100 lbs over weight and have a beer belly the size of a king size bed (bad example) you are not going to be able to get a six pack in a month?s time. Also while working out, it is important to keep yourself hydrated daily. Drink 8-12 cups of water at least per day. Cool water is proven to help you lose weight. Dieting is also important, so find a diet and stick to it. Don?t try stuff like the Akins or all carb diet, its bad for you and might make you suffer setbacks since no one can actually stick to it. And it?s not healthy to eat all of one kind of organic thingy. You should eat your food in a ratio of 2:1, carbs to protein. Don?t drink empty calories like soda, beer, or coffee. Eating breakfast is also a must; it gives you energy and makes you focus throughout the day. Make sure to get enough sleep, at least 9hours if you want to see any gains at all. Don?t focus on training too much, this leads to overtraining and you might suffer an injury as a result, so train every other day. Make sure you don?t rest for too long or you?ll get unmotivated. Doing cardio is essential to losing fat, you don?t need to run like a marathoner, but you do need to run at least 30mins-1hour every other day, alternate with your training days. There are two methods of running that I personally like. One is just jogging for an interval of 20 minutes and then rest to less then 5. The other is going all out and run for under 1 minute and rest for 1 min. this method is not recommended for people who are out of shape since this can make you feel dizzy or faint (blacked me out the first time I tried it). I actually never used the second method for a long time. Make sure to drink a bottle of water while you go for you run. Some people believe that you should run as soon as you get up on an empty belly. This is not true since you will feel hungry and won?t have the energy to run and some people don?t like to get up in the morning anyway. The best time for me to run is the night since its cool and there are hardly any cars around. Some people thinking that cutting are easy others think bulking. I personally think cutting is easier since you don?t have to try that hard (at least not for me). To gain muscle mass, make sure you have enough protein. I recommend 1gram to 1.5 or even two grams of protein per pound of muscle; not fat. The experts say that excess protein won?t be used and you?ll just piss it out of your body. That is BS since protein is need to build muscle and more protein doesn?t hurt you (probably). Stick to the 2:1 ratio of carbs to protein and just because you are bulking doesn?t mean you eat everything in sight, so don?t. Eat small meals about 6-8 and if you don?t have time, then too bad for you so eat a protein bar or shake or something. Workout your legs too since, testoresone is release while you workout all parts of your body. Don?t lift light weights, do heavy ones. And don?t left until your muscles fail, this can cause injury and it?s bad to put your body under that much stress. Ionic since you are putting stress on your muscles in order to make them grow :huh: a popular belief is that machines suck, but they don?t, so use them. Free weight just help you build stabilize muscles, so use them too. eating solid food is better than drinking protein shake, so try to eat meats like beef, chicken, pork, or even fish more. Don?t do steroids (I never did) since its temporary, and its makes your *BLEEP* small, your boobs big, your voice high, your face more acne, you more shorter, and it basically make you look like a girl. Best thing for you is to apply for a gym membership so pay up like 20-60 bucks depending on where you live (its CHEAP in Florida!!! Yay!). I don?t have time so I use a bench and free weights in my basement. I found some good deals on the net, and if the plates are too light, then just buy more. Plates are good since you can add more on if they get too light. And don?t use bowflex, I just it at my friend?s house and it sucked big time. Also don?t use stuff on the commercials, they don?t work. I?ve found some site with some good deals such as bigfitness, bodyuniverse, or megafitness. Just google it and you?ll find it.Some popular belief is that you won?t grow if you lift weight at a young age, that?s completely not true, there?s no logic behind this. Also some people think that putting on muscle make you slow, it doesn?t. Fast twitch muscle make you faster while slow twitch is need to keep you going for a long time. Give me some feedback on what you think

Good info. I'd like to add a couple things. Many girls/women shy away from resistance exercise, i.e., weight-lifting because they think it will make them bulk up. So they only do cardio exercise so they can "trim down."But resistance exercise, even lifting heavy weights, will not cause a woman to bulk up. In fact, it trears down muscle tissue, which rebuilds while you rest. When muscle is rebuilding, it burns significant calories. So weight-lifting actually improves the fat-burning efficiency of your body.Also, I find it best to work out before breakfast. If not then, than at least after a good 4-hr fast. This way, my workout starts burning fat instead of glucose in my system stored from the last meal.Cheers!Goldinero

interesting topic, im very happy that i'm not the only one interested in losing weight.I visit gym every day one day I work on cardio, one day on muscle. I've been visiting gyam for 1 month now and the results are very impresing

Well i like to start exercise while I still keep the same calorie intake for awhile maybe a week or so. I then start a diet and continue exercising and this helps the metabolic rate. I also drink lemonade sometimes as it helps shrink your stomach since it stretches so much when you over eat all the time. Also if it is not time to eat and you get a hunger pain try drinking water it always takes care of hunger pains. Because alot of time people are mistaken their hunger pains for actually needing food when really you just need a nice drink of water greatness. Just remember water is your best friend and so is protein to make sure your body don't burn muscle only fat.

You know I herd if you "starve" yourself or cut calories, you do get very hungry huh? Well you know what happens next, the human race will usually give in to there hunger and eat and eat and eat. Then guess what, they just consumed there daily amount and it might be only that morning. People cant realy stick to there plans, because things can change.

Skipping rods and doing push ups consistently help reduce your weight over time. It's a good way of keeping fit as well. Because skipping increases blood flow towards your legs, keeping the lower part of your body healthy. And push ups increase blood flow to your chest, keeping the upper part of your body healthy. You should also make sure that your body is digesting your food intake properly. When people are getting fat, its also because their body doesn't digest food as easily/regularly and in a timely manner. Due to lack of exercise and other factors. Get a professional opinion in this case.Basically there is no sure short way to losing weight. A human can only do so much at a time. So be consistent and don't lose hope. Don't want it too badly. Just keep up with your schedule and everything will be alright.

Good info. I'd like to add a couple things. Many girls/women shy away from resistance exercise, i.e., weight-lifting because they think it will make them bulk up. So they only do cardio exercise so they can "trim down."
But resistance exercise, even lifting heavy weights, will not cause a woman to bulk up. In fact, it trears down muscle tissue, which rebuilds while you rest. When muscle is rebuilding, it burns significant calories. So weight-lifting actually improves the fat-burning efficiency of your body.

Also, I find it best to work out before breakfast. If not then, than at least after a good 4-hr fast. This way, my workout starts burning fat instead of glucose in my system stored from the last meal.

Cheers!

Goldinero

You have to go to the gym or exercise at least 3 times a week along with eating properly and be consistent

I think you should only cut calories if you are over-eating. theres no point in starving yourself if the only reason you are fat is because you don't exercise. You don't want to be blacking out lol

*sniffles*grnjd you said "And don?t use bowflex, I just it at my friend?s house and it sucked big time."Maybe because you are so far into the weight lifting routine it sucked. I could see that because it does come with limited weight resistance.I'm a beginner and I LOVE my bowflex. I use it regularly ( and drink water, 1500 calorie meals as you mentioned as well as pilates) and I have noticed quite a difference in just over a month. ^_^ I can see my abs now ( still have a layer of belly cushion to walk off though lol) and for the first time that I can remember I found my biceps! LOL!Thank you for all the wonderful information that you posted. :P

Nice post. I know that some people really try to lose weight, many for only a short time and only a few really succeed for long.Do you have any remedy for someone who thinks he is skinny and wants to grow fat?