xisto Community
mayank

New Features In Gmail! gmail launched new features

That export feature will be handy as all hell. The other will not be handy for me though, as I do not write my emails online, but rather, I use Outlook Express for my gmail account.

I like the new virus protection feature from Gmail. Gmail has been much better than Yahoo and Hottmail in all aspects but is only not as good as them in virus protection. I am not sure how good the virus protection is, but I expect it to be on par with hotmail's mcafee virus scan. Probably, Gmail is providing this for its own benefit. Mass mail viruses tend to create huge traffic to the SMTP and POP3 servers and to stop them before it spreads uncontrolled should be an obligation of the email provider.

Ok now few new updates for you guyz :Now it is accessible through mobile as well..I remember that I used to access it long back through another service..it was not gmails official service though.another update is that it has got vacation responder, so if you are going out for a holiday..dont forget to set that vaction responce.Finally, the long awaited (atleast by me) GROUPS...yes this feature allows you to make groups of your contacts..so that you can send emails to people in groups.They are calling these features as HOLIDAY GOODIES..and I am sure everyone will be happy to see these goodies from SANTA GOOGLE!

I kind of like the new RSS feed thing they've got going on at the top. They do throw an ad in there every once in a while but I think this is a pretty handy feature. It's also handy that you can switch it off if you'd like.If you do have it on, go into your spam folder and check out what happens. That's a pretty cute joke.

I have a Gmail account, and I've seen the new features, too - the auto-save function in particular really is helpful - especially if you don't when your computer may freeze (or crash) while you're writing an e-mail. The RSS feeds are also handy, but it's also great that I can disable it if gets too much. Besides, I usually get my RSS feeds directed to Thunderbird.

The new google mail features are insanely cool! Altrough I never visit Gmail trough my mobile phone I would guess a lot of people would want to do it... Also, viewing all the files in html is one great feature, I hate loading the slow adobe reader or any microsoft program just to read something... Now you can just read them trough your browser only ;)The rss feeds are very nice as well, altrough I'm not using them at the moment, I'll probably use them soon enough ;)

well, This is good to see that google has launched this service...but the sad part is that it is only available in The U.S.!
Well, I actually dont mind..because these days I dont use GPRS to check my gmail account as I've got broadband with me but in earlier days I used to check Gmail account using another wap service.

wap.gmailwireless.com

You have to register on this website http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and that serves your purpose...Good for those people who are outside U.S.

Though it is not an official Google portal but it is a good one as I've used it.
Also, pocket pc users can get the benefit out of it...just go on that website.

Well, this is the post which I've made in Xisto...I thought you guys will be intersted in knowing about the service..which I am talking about in this particular post!

Well, as far as submitting your email address to this company is concerned..it is quite safe..as I've mentioned that I was using this service and had no trouble with it...and again I didnt got any spam either...so overall a reliable service...I must say.

Well well well, I am back again with certain new features :huh:Well, I am sure people who use Gmail regularly must have noticed it by this time..Gmail + Talk!Yes! I think this will be a revolution in the email/pm or if we talk about a bigger picture "the communication"!Just imagine..you can chat with your friends and get an instant answer without using any external application!I think..this feature will drive lots of people to use GMAIL and not only this will increase the gmail useres...it will increase the number of people who use Google Talk!Google Talk is definitly..a good IM but personally...I dont like it much...for the fact..that it misses some of the important features..like similies...but integrating it with Gmail will certainly help me and others to communicate easily and instantly!Another plus is that where ever you chat...it saves you chat and makes sure that it is stored in your GMAIL account only..i.e. global archive of the chat sessions...this way..it ensures that even if you are on a public or shared computer...your privacy is with you! I've faced some problems when I used to surf in the internet cafe's while using the Yahoo messenger (it stores the chat messages locally..hah!)!and what else can you ask for...if you chatting with someone through Google Talk application..your chat will still be saved in GMAIL account and finally.......You get the option in which if you want..you can turn the feature off of the saving of a particular chat session regardless what other persons settings are!

For me gmail is a name of Trust , The Best One and the Most Loveable Service. Gmail have very cool features still from its begning , And it is providing the best features with the pessage of time. Now provides many Excellent new feature ,i.e? Exporting Feature is the one i love the most. :lol: I am wondering , if Gmail goes on providing such cool features then what will the feature of other Mail Services <_<