xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
frederick.ding

Google Talk This is a new Google program

Google Talk

Google Talk is this new instant messaging and audio messaging system that Google recently created. It installs as a single executable and is quite lightweight. It can install in around 10 seconds and is feasible even for 56 kbps dial-up users.

Although it's quite a nice thing that the Google Talk has no advertisements, this also means that it's funded very little and that there's no extra stuff like video conferencing and file transfer, but you can do that stuff if you download a third-party client (they allow you to do that). They provide you with all the information to set up a third-party client like Gaim.

The catch is that you must have a Gmail account, which seems to be quite common in the world today. If you don't, you have to find someone to invite you, or otherwise US cellular users can register with their cell phone details.

The program can instantly import all of your Gmail contacts, and allows you to invite others to use Google Talk. If the invited does not have a Gmail account, it also prompts you to invite them to Gmail using your builtup invitations.

People can try it out at Google Talk.

Also, if anybody doesn't have a Gmail account, they can send their invitation requests to jag_washingtondc-temp2@yahoo.ca (I don't dare give out my main e-mail).

-FreddyRick

Although it's not entirely unexepected that Google should be dipping their feet in many different areas of the web, I would have preferred to see them try something with a browser. I know there had previously been a rumor that Google had released a browser, however, I believe it never got past beta testing or hasn't yet.I would like to hear some feedback though from people who have already started using GoogleTalk. Is it an easy-to-use interface? Is it perhaps compareable to AIM, MSN or YIM?

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/26479-google-talk-talk-and-im-with-your-friends-for-free/

Several other google talk topics have also been created and closed because of same discussion. Please take the time to search the forums and make sure your topic hasn't already been discussed! This is considered SPAM!

Spam Found.Initiating Automatic Spam Cleanup Sequence.
Please Standby for Spam Pickup.
Automatic Spam Cleanup Sequence Completed Successfully.
Thank you for Using Auto Spam.
Please have a Wonderful Day.

This is your friendly warning.Please search the forum before making a new topic. You might have found out that we have dedicated Google section in this forum. Closing this thread. Please direct all your discussions to above link provided. Moving this thread to Google section.