xisto Community
Alex_W

The Hydrogen Car

In Connecticut they have gas stations that fill up cars with ethonol. It's really cheap up there. I think they just have to add a special part or two to their car and they get gas really cheap. As for the hydrogen car, when it gets to be the price of a regular car, then we'll start talking. lol My dad told me one day that Japan was working on a car that got like 15,000 miles to the gallon but could only go 15 mph. I don't know the details but I'll try to find it.

Cars could be made to be outrageously fuel-efficient, but that would hurt fuel companies, and the parts would be expensive, so chances are we'll never see any 1,000-miles-to-the-gallon car on the open market.Around here, they mix ethanol into the gasoline, but so far I haven't come across a station that fills a vehicle with a 100% ethanol fuel.

I'm particuarlly gald it is out. My reasons are is that we dont have to worry about boats getting hit and losing it our it will most likely be less then gas.

The Pros

1. Not as air poullting

2. Hopefully easir to make so it cost less

3. Something new this could be the start to better things

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Cons

None

Seems to me that you aren?t very far ahead without a clean method to produce the hydrogen. The method of the future will be nuclear fusion and fission in the more near term. Wind, solar and hydro will help some although hydro isn?t really that clean it is just cheap solar is too expensive now and wind isn?t that reliable.

Wow!!! THat is such a nice car, but I definitely do not think that Oil producers would let them sell it instead of the regular gas :PWell, it is a bussiness thing...Cheers :P