xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Alex_W

Buying A Cell Phone what kind should i get?

hey im looking to buy a cell phone and I am wondering what is a good kind. I don't have a clue what is a good phone or not. The phone is going to be a flip phone if that matters. Any Suggestions?

What will be the purpose that you are going to buy a cellphone?Of course phones are for calling :huh: but if you want to have one which works like a PDA or simply to have a communication tool. This matters becuase cellphones nowadays are not only for calling but have evolved into something new. There is a cellphone that is an mp3 palyer others play video. Features that you want matters in buying cellphones. But I recomend nokia since its just like windows, menus are very easy to navigate :P

I have recently purchased the Sony Ericcsson K750i and have found it to be a great phone. It has a 2 mega pixel camera, video capability and an MP3 player. Another good phone is the Samsung D500, my one mate has it and I've played around with it a bit and it is very cool. It had a 1.3 mega pixel camera as well as MP3 capability. There is a wide range these days and people are no longer pushed towards buying nokia, so look at all the options, do a little research and you can buy a handy phone.

hey im looking to buy a cell phone and I am wondering what is a good kind.  I don't have a clue what is a good phone or not.  The phone is going to be a flip phone if that matters.  Any Suggestions?

190478[/snapback]

really the type of cell phone you get depends on what wireless company you are gonna go through however when you do talk to a rep about the type of phone that you want to get make sure that you get good service with that phone with t-mobile, i had the same phone 3 times because of the area that im in and also the phone itself is kinda weird when it comes to service so just make sure that whatever you do you know how good of service the phone receives while you are in areas that you will be in a lot. like at school i have no signal at all in most of the buildings but most cell phones in my school are like that. im in college btw. anywayz just make sure that u know those two things and find out what coverage you get with what plans to decide on the wireless service that you'll be getting. just a random thought for you.

I've just recently bought a e317 Samsung that I really enjoy. It's a flip phone with a 1.5 (I believe) megapixel camera. For the money it can't really be beat. I got it for $100 with a $50 rebate. The only thing I do not like about it is the fact that I cannot hook it up to my computer with a USB cable. That means I have to send all of the pictures I want from the phone to my email. This, of course, costs money each time. Overall, I'd give the phone a 7/10.

First, in wich country do you live? Cus they have much newer phones in US than in Europe. And then, what should it do? Camera? mp3? flash memory? In any case. Indeed the K750i is a very good phone, by brother has it. It's only a little expensive (in Europe). I have a motorola V550. It's a good phone, but a little big and heavier then usual. Do you want pre-paid or pay-per-month (how do you call that again?) Are there any good offers in store? Just don't overrush. Look what there is, think about prices, offers, belcompany, and choose then. Take you time, cus if you buy the wrong, you can't go back.....

Buy one that has MP3 and a camera. And get a good plan. Text msging would also be cool. I don't have a cell phone yet, but plan to get one when I have the money. But if it looks cool, you get cool ringtones to buy and to use, you have text msging, you have some games, it has a camera, has MP3, and anything else that cell phones and the plan offer, than thats good phone. And when I say games, I don't mean the crappy Nokia games like snake and that kinda stuff. I mean some better graphic games than that. But thats me and my suggestion. And also go for the best cheapest plan unless a more expensive one has something you want that the cheap one doesn't have. My idea :huh:

I'm not sure about other motorola phones, but DO NOT get the v180 or any other phone that is similar to the v 180. This phone was terriblly designed. I have a v 180, and less than a year, this phone have showed some signs of bad engineering. First, the phone vibrator broke about half a year through since i got the phone. Then just two or three weeks ago, the front external lcd is acting up. You know when you flip open the phone, and it says "t mobile " on the outer screen. It says the same thing even when i closed the phone. No it is not the little sensor botton that tells the phone when it is open or close. This just doesn't happaned to me, it happaned to a friend of mine that has the exact same phone. First her vibrator broke just like mine and the screen acted up just like mine. And my contract isn't over for one more year with T - mobile.

what kind of cell phone should i get

Buying A Cell Phone

Hi I am a 12 year old girl and I am getting my first cell phone. I have no clue what kind to get!! I have verizon and at&t. I want a camera, good battery life, and a good texting phone. Please give me some advice!! thanks!