xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DreamCore

Got Virus Or Other Annoying Spyware Here is one link I think can help you

I agree with the others here that Spybot Search & Destroy and Ad-Aware are the two best programs to protect yourself against spyware.  I'm trying out Microsoft Anti-Spyware and so far it seems to be OK too.

196121[/snapback]

uh i have the microsoft anti-spyware. it's okay but it doesnt really get everything. i have ZoneAlarm.

and limewire is good. you just have to watch what you download.

uh i have the microsoft anti-spyware. it's okay but it doesnt really get everything. i have ZoneAlarm.

and limewire is good. you just have to watch what you download.

209405[/snapback]

Microsoft anti-spyware only gets spyware, whick is basically programs that tramsmit infomation back into a 'mother' server which then affects your computer. The effects can be different, depending on this type of spyware.

Zonealarm is a firewall, it blocks ports or 'entry points' to your computer to the internet. It may or may not help you if you need up getting a virus anyway.

Just learn small thing about regedit ( for microsoft user) you will know a small way to learn mallware or spyware.for some trouble i am using awpersonal and spybot to remove itI still study about how to remove spyware and malware manually. how about you ?

I've just recently installed spybot, and its the best program i've used so far, had no trouble with it at all. Although i will try this microsoft malicious software removal tool see what its likethnx <_<

My Spyware-and-Virus-Beating Strategy:*First, use a program that prevents installation of Spyware and Tracking Cookies in IE and Firefox, and also restricts access to questionable sites. The best (only?) one for this, I find, is SpywareBlaster, but you have to update the free version yourself :lol:*Then, use Spybot Search & Destroy. This gives two advantages: 1. Immunity from certain Adware/Spyware/Malware :huh: 2. Checks to see if any get on the computer.*Finally, use a good Virus Scanner, but be wary of it's features. I once installed a scanner called V-Eliminator (or something like that... completely sucked. Heuristics wouldn't work at all, and viewing results caused Out of Memory error, even when nothing found). <_< The best Free one is AVG Anti Virus. Download it and you'll see why :lol:Now I just need a good Firewall to finish it off... and preferly I'd like it to continue my Non-MS*-based products.Just a hint though: DO NOT USE MORE THAN TWO SCANNING / PREVENTING SOFTWARES AT ONCE! If you do, you increase the need for resources, slowing down the PC. You also make them less effective :)*PS: I refuse to use incorrect abbrieviations in my posts. Including Micro$oft.Edit: Removed my sig from the post, since it made it longer than my screen size (1024*768).

Edited by NDPA (see edit history)

Yes I use Spybot and norton anti-virus. But there is one very important thing you must remember: update your programs very often! Make sure you have the latest versions otherwise new spyware and viruses could be on your computer that your anti virus etc will not see. If you really want to be protected go buy either: A good anti-spyware/virus software from a store or buy a company edition kind. Company edition tools are usually more expensive, but they are usually much better. To prevent a lot of spyware etc from the start, make sure you know what you are downloading before you download it. If it says in the description of a game "Contains some adware". Then *Don't* download it.

I usually don't worry about it since I use Linux. All cookies have to be run by me first just so I can weedle out the tracking cookies thanks to a feature in Opera.