xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TPFWebmaster

Fg Flight Simulator A free 3D Flight Simulator

Would you use FlightGear over MS-Flight Simulator?  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

FlightGear Flight Simulator

-----------------------------------------------

Flight gear is a marvellous free Flight Simulator. I just downloaded it a few days ago from The FlightGear Website. Don't be hesitatnt to download the full 69 MB, its worth the download time. an additional feature is that you can separately download additional aircraft and scenery as required. It also has a LiveUpdate feature which downloads scenery as you go.

The Full Features are:

FlightGear can run on Windows, Linux, Mac OS-X, FreeBSD, Solaris, and IRIX platforms

FlightGear can model a wide variety of aircraft, allowing you to fly the 1903 Wright Flyer, strange flapping wing "ornithopters", a 747 and A320, various military jets, and several light singles.

FlightGear has extremely smooth and fluid instrument animation that updates at the same rate as your out-the-window view updates

A multi player protocol is available for using FlightGear on a local network in a multi aircraft environment.

The powerful network options make it possible to synchronize several instances of FlightGear allowing for a multi-display, or even a cave environment.

Screenshots:

San Francisco Screenshots:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Three very nice Airplanes:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Alcatraz Island and a flyover:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Cessena 172 Cockpit:

Posted Image

Please forgive me for that last post. I didn't see you had a link on there. I think I'm going to download it though. What kind of sevice do you have, Dial-Up, DSL, High Speed, LAN? And how long did it take you to download the Whole 60mb? Thanks,-JC05

Wow, that looks excellent. Those graphics look just as good as those in the Microsoft Flight Simulators. Are all of the planes and scenery available to download for free? Thanks very much for this great find :ph34r:

I would never change from Microsoft flight simulator especially with the addons you can get, things like the pmdg 737, aerosoft Heathrow pro blow anything flightgear has. Also I flight simulator only gets really exciting if you go online and fly such as on vatsim or ivao both of which flightgear don't support.