xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xadoflitan

My First Sig

well,looks not bad especially it is clear.maybe the text should not cover your render becauuse there are too many blank left and no border as a completed sig.overall well done as your first sig(no bg class) :ph34r:

One question, why would you use Macromedia Flash MX, when you have great image editors such as Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro?Flash MX is for those great animations that dont "lag", not for real image editing, nor as signature tool.I advice you to download either PhotoShop (my favorite) or Paint Shop Pro and screw around a bit in it, there are numberous good tutorials on those on the World Wide Web and I am certain that the Trap 17 GFX community is more then willing to embrace another new artist.The signature basically has a render (wich is usually not hard to get or edit). Your name however is made with quite a bit of detail and i like it, not something you would normally use in a signature, so it sure makes it unique, either way, heads up!

As HmmZ said... with Flash, the best way to use it is to do some sort of animation, as it has a low filesize in comparison to animated GIFs and is of a higher quality. Cartoon styles work best IMO in Flash.If you're stuck with Macromedia, try Fireworks instead. Otherwise it's a simple signature, nice text - though maybe it could be more jagged as if damaged by the ogre (?) dude. Oh and a border would be good too.

Cool.. :ph34r: I like the text render..this one is not just my one and only sig, it is also be the banner for my webpage :Dbut i havent used it yet since my site is underconstruction...

i dig the text and unique looking render, but yeah get either adobe ps psp or gimp to work on sigs. just follow the advice giving in the previous posts and you will come out on top.

Nice sign, but try to use Fireworks. Flash is for Animation, Games, Forms and such tings. I alway use Fireworks. Now I have got the new version of it!Fireworks is easy to use for begginers, Flash is for advanced things.If you dont like Fireworks, then you can try Photoshop but its for Advanced Users.You can do much professional stuff with photoshop!Anyway do that way you like it, Im just giving you some advices.

Hey thanks for all the advice guys. Yeah I know I shouldnt be using Flash for heavy graphics, or supposed to be heavy graphics, but thats all I had at the moment. Flash can make some pretty neat text effects though if you know how. I bet fireworks does them a lot better though. Havent really ever got the hang of Photoshop, but I think thats what I'm going to be using eventually. As well as Fireworks, and Vecta 3d for 3d flash... Its all so fun, I could spend all my time designing graphics and making web pages, as long as I didnt have some *BLEEP* over my shoulder telling me how to do it. So I guess it will always be a hobby for me.Xad

This is my first sig made using macromedia flash MX.. not really much to work with for graphics. What do you think?

Posted Image

190259[/snapback]

good for flash!

why dont you use photoshop? did your trial version end?