xisto Community
Microsoft

Where Can I Learn Java?

Where can i learn Java programming language, my geography teacher knows it. and hes coaching it this year but, i have no time + im having trouble with my Geometry class already. So can anyone tell me where can i learn Java not Javascript... before you tell me Use Google I would like to hear your suggestions first. :ph34r:

-Microsoft

I have once on the net found a nice website where can you download nice guides of programing Java, C++, Basic and other programming languages. Check out at http://www.neuronix.info/ Page belongs to some IRC channel and is not tottaly nice. There is some annoying pop-up and stuff. But design is nice :ph34r:

I would just buy a book. The bigger question here is, why would you want to learn java? It's sortof outdated right now. I mean if you really wanted to learn something that would turn out to be very useful, then i would suggest learning php. Although it's still a scripting language(doesn't need to be compiled) It's still closer to c++ and will start you off understanding database programs. I think trying to learn java if you don't understand programming at all will only get you discouraged.round

i tried w3schools.com

190121[/snapback]

w3schools is one of the best pages of tutorials ive seen around. I love it, its easy (but its not that descriptive some times, and you have to be not that newbie) and its a quick reference with online examples and "try it - yourself".

But you wont find JAVA tutorials here, just javascript.

Theres also a tutorial site i like, pixel 2 life , there are plenty of javascript tutorials, for doing specific things, AND the Java Development Tutorials which has much less tutorials, and actually have not tried any.

Pixel 2 Life has a lot of tutorials and it kinda focus on image software (graphic design) tutorials, and it has helped me a lot. Hope this works to you....

I would suggest that you go buy a book. That's how I began to learn Java, then I just examined lots of code to figure out good techniques, but a book is definitely the best starting place, in my opinion.Good Luck learning Java!!

If you dont want those online things go to a store preferable a book one a computer one would be better and pick up Java For Dummies...Belive it or not these books are the simplist out there and you can learn in a matter of weeks or so its not that bad...My dad has a *BLEEP* load of computer books cause hes an it guy for companies and he got most of them from classes he taught at sans and stuff so so far the best book ive taken from him was the Dummies series lol..

You can download tutorials from the sun microsystems website here or you can buy the book Java How to Program by Deitel and Deitel. The book is a very good reference and has excellent sample programs in each chapter. I hope this helped.

Lol go look for sites on google.com. And search for "javascript help" or "javascript tutorials" theres alot of sites with java tutorials so I think you'll learn really fast...... well obvioulsy you can learn at javascript.com; They have javascript codes there :huh:

I just downloaded the new java studio enterpise 8 softwear from sun java it is bundle package of net beans IDE, and the apache ANT server. This was a free download amounting to about 186mb in file size. I tryed Jcreator a few years ago it is also a free IDE. I dont like to read anymore then I have to,and I like the free stuff you may want to checkout vtc's free video tutorials on java. You'll need the quicktime player to view them, also there is a list of the rest of the course at the bottum of the page that you could google them to find the how to's. The address is as follows. https://www.vtc.com/