xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rafazafar

Browsers Inernet surfing

Which is da best?  

2 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Firefox rules, even though Opera is now free, it'll be an alternative to firefox, but I still use firefox because it's opensource and it's gecko engine. It's compatible with (almost)every platform you can think of!

I have been using Mozilla suite with the same browser engine as Firefox for about 8 months as it was reccomended by a pretty knowledgeable friend. The IE security issues were what forced me to switch from IE.After reading a post on this forum last week, I just dowloaded the Opera browser to see if it was any better. Well I can't say it is better because I haven't used it for too long,and it depends on what you are looking for, of course.Both have some distinct advantages. Mozilla is an all inclusive browser, mail, address, calendar coming soon, Composer for editting, etc. Opera has the mail option, but I haven't tried it yet. Takes a bit longer to load then Mozilla, but it seemed to run way quicker. It uses a different caching technique. After seeing the firefox speed up techniques here at Xisto and making those changes, the speed difference is minimal. The thing I am having trouble with is familiaity. When I want to do something in Opera, my mouse instinctively head for the Mozilla click location and it isn't there. I guess I'll just keep trying it before I decide. I'll wait for a while before I vote. One thing for certain, It won't be for IE...

For starters this is a topic which has been discussed three times already and that's only the topics which a mod hasn't come along and locked. Click here to contine your discussion (look at the posts 5th to 7th down the list).

LOCKAGE