xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kalpit1

Softwares For Web Designing web designing

Ouch!... Be ready to get jumped on by Mods!Anyway, Who has used DW 8?.... I don't use anything like that. Im not a website programmer, i just whats needed. :ph34r: How easy is it to use though?...i have heard its quite complicated.

its a little confusing at first, but it does everything for you. you dont really need to learn html or anything. i think the best way is to do websites by hand...using notepad.

I use dreamweaver and i like it. However i do not use the majority of its features since i hardcode all of my websites. Thus the visual aspect it permits i do not use nor it's tag generators. However, i like the colored syntax, indentation fixer, and the way you can set up sites to run with it.

Its not that hard to learn well for me its not because I just click buttons and find out what they do. Once you get the basic concept of it, it is really like paint. You draw or open a file in there and edit it and save.

What ever happened to the good old days of using notead full stop to create everything A to Z. These days websites are now more complicated for users to use, you need to install flash or java. Thats what i like about PHP, its simple, and doesn't require any end-user programs to install.

What ever happened to the good old days of using notead full stop to create everything A to Z. These days websites are now more complicated for users to use, you need to install flash or java.

Thats what i like about PHP, its simple, and doesn't require any end-user programs to install.

191473[/snapback]

Right on. I still use notepad for pretty much everything. I like that it doesn't do anything unless I tell it to. I hate frontpage. I think I built one page with it one time and Later when I wanted to edit it, I ended up starting over completely because I couldn't read the sloppy script it generated. That was years ago, but since then I have only used notepad. And Flash. but I'm not very good at animations so I that was kindof short lived

I have just started using dreamweaver 8 .... it looks like a very good program.I am a novice at creating a website and i like the way it has samples for html and css.I like how i can open a split window that shows the page design and highlights the code for whatever area of the page i click on.I think that as i get more into webpage design then dreamweaver 8 will become a very useful tool.

I'm still using Dreamweaver MX mainly for javascripts in behaviors. I still edit most of my pages there and sometimes in Microsoft Frontpage. But nothing still beats Notepad. It's simple and uncluttered so it doesn't sore your eyes. :) It is my first choice in quick editing html.

yeah that was the same for me for a long time... Notepad forever!!!anyway the story goes, i bought Visual C++ .NET a while ago (for C++ programming, obviously), but by chance a few weeks later i discovered it was a really good web page designer.Mainly i just use the code view (colour coded, autocomplete, everything!) because the design view has a bit of a tendancy to generate some sloppy stuff (lots of SPAN and DIV tags, and if i remember correctly, those are quickly being outdated), but the design view works reasonably well nonetheless.The code view also supports CSS stylesheets and i think ASP. PHP support wouldn't surprise me either, but i'm not 100% sure.as for Dreamweaver, i have used Version 7 at school and found it to be incredibly practical/useful - especially the side-by-side design/code view.just out of curiousity, what has Dreamweaver 8 got on Dreamweaver 7? what has Macromedia improved upon? Any spectacular new features?