xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MarCrush

Firefox Extensions Which ones do you use?

I think extensions is a very good thing for Firefox browser. I read recently a newspaper article about Firefox Tuning and it gaved great pieces of advice regarding what Firefox extensions you should use.Plugins in Internet Explorer are very buggy so it's preferable to use Firefox extensions. It's your choice anyway.

Plugins on firefox are very useful and very smart. Most programs that allow users to make plugins for it; is usually a fairly good program.I use a couple different extensions in firefox. I currently use AdBlock, Image zoom(nice features for zooming and things with images), and web developer.Web developer is a very handy tool. It has many features. You can disable javascript, cookies, refer logging, etc. and then you can have it make a table of cookies for the current site and just a bunch of nice stuff. Its handy for doing stuff on the web.xJedix

I use a lot of extensions.1. Flashgot- allows the use of download managers and accelerators in firefox when downloading files2. Tabbrowser preferences- pretty much just improves the whole idea of tabs. When the web page coding tells the page to open up in a seperate window, firefox opens it in a tab, etc...3. FoxyTunes- allows the control of many media players in the firefox window. Very nice.4. IE View- gives you the option to open up a hyperlink in Internet Explorer instead of firefox.5. Chatzilla- simple IRC client.

Tabbrowser preferencesWeb developerDisable targets for downloadsSmiley XtraLastTabSession SaverBookmarks SynchroniserminiTCheckyHTML validatorView formatted sourceGoogle Pagerank statusGooglebar

Which Firefox extensions do you use?

Ā 

I use:

Ā 

- NoScript (blocks bad javascripts, there are some on Xisto forums, but I allowed JUST Xisto.com domain, not the other domains on the forums).

- Gmail Notifier (Notifies me when a new e-mail comes)

- AdBlock (block ads)

- CustomizeGoogle (Customize the Google web site like remove ads)

- Tabbrowser Preferneces (edit tabs of the Mozilla Firefox)

- FlashGot (not sure exactly this is, I just downloaded it because it was popular :P )

- PDF Download (lets you choose to view in browser and download it)

- IE View (Adds a option to view the page in Internet Explorer (why not a tab instead))

- Reporter (came with Firefox Beta)

- ForecastFox (tells me the weather :huh: )

Ā 

I am using Firefox Beta 1. All the extensions above were popular :( .

188725[/snapback]

I have too many extensions. So many that my browser uses too much memory. But I love them all. :D

Ā 

-AdBlock

-Autocopy

-Chatzilla

-ChromEdit

-Disable targets for Downloads

-FirefoxView

-fireFTP

-FlashBlock

-Flashgot

-forcastFox

-foxyvoice

-gcache

-gmail notifier

-ie view

-MR Tech local install

-Session saver .2 (my favorite one)

-Show image (useful)

-Tab X

-Tabbrowser Preferences

-Translate page

Ā 

and a couple of chrome edits to make it look fancy. i just checked and right now my firefox is taking up 70k of my memory. *cries*

i just checked and right now my firefox is taking up 70k of my memory. *cries*

Yeah, Firefox uses a lot of memory but I'm prepared to live with that for the added functionality it provides.

Yeah, Firefox uses a lot of memory but I'm prepared to live with that for the added functionality it provides.

191923[/snapback]

yeah me too. I am totally happy with firefox, i have no complaints whatsoever. even though it takes up memory i know its because i have lots of extensions. and its not that bad for the amount of extensions i use. i have high end system so it doesnt bother my computer none. :huh:

Ā 

firefox >>> opera

I've got:Flashgot (for intergration with download managers)Disable targets for downloads (prevents download links opening a blank window)Restart Firefox (adds menu item and a toolbar button to restart firefox)Stop-or-Reload Button (combines the stop and reload button)Searchbar Autosizer (dynamically resisez the search bar as you type)OpenDownload (mimicks IE's 'open' download function)Nightly Tester Tools (to force incompatible extensions to work, only on recent trunk builds though)Basics (adds a new tab button to the tab bar)Minimize to tray (kind of self explanitory this one)tab x (adds a close tab button to each tab)wellRounded (rounds the address and search bar)Menu Edit (customizes the menus)Fasterfox (performance and network tweaks)Status buttons (lets you put toolbar buttons in the status bar)That makes a grand total of 14 extensions, and will probably keep growing.just about to get all in one gestures (its amouse gesture thing)

I don't use nearly as many extensions are you guys do, but I'm still looking for some more to help. Currently, I have:

GameFox -- This is a little extension to improve the GameFAQs message boards. It includes a Quick Post option, easy quoting, Username highlighting, and some other cool things.

AdBlock -- I think everyone should have this. If you don't know what it is, it makes Advertisements go bye-bye.

Linkifaction -- This makes all http:// links that are not hyperlinks turn into them. Basically, makes text links turn into clickable links for the lazy.

IE View -- This simple extensions allows me to view the current page in Internet Explore via the contex menu, which saves time.

I use

1) greasemonkey

2) rapidshare link grabber

3) flashgot

4)adblock

5)javablock

6)and opera is betterĀ  ;)

and its FREE

191881[/snapback]

hey, where did you get that "javablock" from? i searched all over for it. im starting to think only you have it. :)

Greasemonkey: I use it sometimes, not a lot thoughAd-Blocker Plus: Is installed, but I turned it off. If I'm accessing a web site for free, it's fair to view their ads so they get the money for it.PDF DownloadChatzillaWeb DeveloperIE TabAnonymouser: Opens a tab with anonymouse.orgDomain DetailsDownload statusbarGMail skins: Even though I don't use gmail a lotGoogle toolbarHomeland security threat level: Completely useless but I have it anyway because it's kind of funny, it's been at elevated (yellow) ever since I got itShowMyIP