xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sxyloverboy

Makeing A Div Thing Go From Top To Bottom, regardless of its content.

ok so i dont really know how to call this so if someone know a better title please let some mods change it.

I want to make a site that goes 100% page diagonaly. and has a border image left and right. since this probably makes no sense at all ill show you the page i designed in Macromedia Fireworks and maybe you will understand.

Posted Image

i hope someone can help me.

Hi, I need some more info and then maybe I'll be able to send you a little something. Need to know if the page you are looking needs to be css ? Know what I mean? because a have an old, table based page that might work for you... well a mixed bay of a page that got caught in the transition between thinking tables were the slickest thing since sliced bread and now understanding the strength and value of a w3 compliant css page. So, let me know if that would work.

This thing that you want to do with the 'div' stuff can be done enough easy. I use namo webeditor as a html editor and it have this effect too. you can check for this in the effects menu. it actually adds a layer and an effect as a javascript.you could check google for free javascripts or go directly to one of those two great sites:- http://www.dynamicdrive.com/- http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ find very useful scripts in there; they are easy to apply in your html page and come with detalied instructions to be easy for you. you can also view a demo of some of the scripts.

I think you should be able to do something pretty easy with css.
set 3 main classes
.borderImg {
float:left;
width:15%;
height:100%;
}
.content {
float:left;
width:70%;
height:100%;
}
.spacer {
clear:both;
}

and then arrange them like so

<div class=spacer></div><div class=borderImg>Put your left border img here</div><div class=content>Put your content here</div><div class=borderImg>Put your left border img here</div><div class=spacer></div>
that separate the page into 3 parts for you with minimal styling..
let me know if this helps