xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MarCrush

Personalized Home Something new on Google

I just discovered this, Personalized Homes on Google. You can like personalize your home page on Google, check your weather, read top stories, quote of the day, word of the day, sports, and even more when you click on personalize your Google homepage. You can even create your own section by a topic or RSS feed.

You need an account on Google first before you can edit your personalized home (so this means you must login to edit it, or even view yours). You can use your Gmail account. Yes, you can create an account on Google.

Information on Google, which is on the login page:

See information you care about on your Google homepage.   

Your personalized homepage brings together Google functionality and content from across the web, on a single page:

Preview latest Gmail messages

See headlines from Google News and other top news sources

Get weather forecasts, stock quotes, and movie showtimes

Select from a variety of popular feeds

Drag and drop the sections to rearrange the page

You can add your bookmarks to it. Yes, of course, you can add a Gmail section to it. Hmm, I wonder if you can get a directory link from it.

I just discovered this, so I don't know much yet what you can do, but I do know already you can add sections and your custom sections to it using a topic or RSS.

Also, you know how you can move stuff like in My MSN, you can do the same with Google. It's just like My MSN. Hmm, I wonder if Google is trying to become MSN, except it being a non-profit orgaziantion.

For those who don't know, MSN means The Microsoft Network.

Comments?