xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tonny

Firewalls are they important?

I use zonealarm on all computers on a network or even if they're stand-alone.I've never had any problems with zonealarm and I was first told about them from an internet technical support service from my isp when I was having connection problems. The zone alarm program me that someone was trying to connect to the computer and was therefore slowing down my connection. They advised for me to download and install a program from zonealarm, if possible, which i done.After downloading zonealarm, these problems had stopped and I'd got about 10 highly important connections blocked.I used sygate once, i didn't get on with it. I liked jetico personal firewall, used the Jetico firewall once, but now, whenever i try to load it, my computer severly crashed and shows the blue screen saying windows can't load. I just use zonealarm and windows firewall.Hopefully this helps those of you who think they should have a firewall! It's always good to have more than one if possible. Windows firewall is pretty useless, on its own, in my opinion. Thanks!

well. one thing you people should know. is Norton sucks. maybe its just me. but every time i go on Counter Strike it kicks me off of it. :lol: ... i really don't like it.------Well on to other news. i don't have a firewall. looking at this page makes me wanna get one. well. thanks."you see the ninja.you see a knife. you see him run. you now enter the gates of heaven. enjoy your stay. ^_^"

I can say I have quite an experience when it comes to Firewalls or Antivirus software. I have tried a lot of firewalls and antivirus solutions, but I can say I have found my "one true love". Till this day I have tried everything from Norton Antivirus and Norton Firewall, to ZoneAlarm and BitDefender. I had a great time with ZoneAlarm which at some point seemed great for me. Still with the new versions there started to be problems with it like not loading everything (for example I couldn't use a LiveSupport system... I tried everything it just didn't want to load with ZoneAlarm). Since I had those problems I started thinking I have to look for a new firewall solution. And I had decided to try BitDefender (it's made in my country so there were patriotic resons involved) which also had along with the AntiVirus solution (which by the way it great... didn't have any problems with viruses since I installed it...well I had some...I use dc++ quite a lot and get a lot a viruses, But BitDefender detected and deleted them corectly) a firewall module which isn't that advanced but it has the basic functions. I use BitDefender firewall with the Windows Xp firewall on and I can say I didn't have any spyware or such. Also BitDefender is great on resources (I have seen + and - on my friends computers but I have been very happy with it), I think much better then Norton Antivirus for example. You should try it someday...

yeah i think firewall is pretty important..since my brother doesnt even let me turn it off so i can host a game on the frozen throne haha well i quit that game now it was a while ago

I have a wireless router with a built-in firewall, plus Norton installed on both machines in the house.Results have been very good with this configuration, and of course, Norton Anti-Virus, Spybot S&D and Ad-Aware help keep the machines clean.