xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
deadlytedly

Dell Insiron Xps Gen 2 Has anyone tried one?

I'll be getting a laptop in a month or two and I've been extremely tempted by the one in the title.

Tom's Hardware Review

In the above review it says:

What is the world's largest PC OEM's best gaming notebook? What is the most powerful notebook out there, period? Dell's Inspiron XPS Gen 2 notebook offers nothing less than superior 2D and 3D graphics performance compared to any other laptop we've seen to date. Need we also mention that the system offers far more horsepower than needed for office applications? Add to the accolades a sleek design and light weight, and you have what Dell is touting as its ultimate gaming notebook.

I'm just wondering if anyone here has one and what they think of it down the road?

I would buy one if I were you. I saw that notebook on the television and I thought to my self that is an awsome notebook. It is from Dell a name that you can trust and it is the newest gaming laptop I have heard of. In otherwards by all means buy it I wish I could.

I would buy one if I were you. I saw that notebook on the television and I thought to my self that is an awsome notebook. It is from Dell a name that you can trust and it is the newest gaming laptop I have heard of. In otherwards by all means buy it I wish I could.

187588[/snapback]

I'm doing a games computing degree atm - just starting my 2nd year. So hopefully I can justify it, lol

It's just a lot of cash to part with without a go on it first - hoping someone here can tell me what it is like after the initial wow factor wears off... :ph34r:

I dont see any difference between the XPS and the Sony Vaio.. well.. except for weight differences. I believe all you need to do is upgrade the insides of the Vaio and it will be just as good as the XPS. In fact! Dells are starting to become more expensive than some sonys!

No the XPS is the best gaming laptop out there. I currently have a Dell XPS Gen 1 that is a year old and it still is a top of line computer. I can play EQ2 with high performance settings currently and i played Doom 3 with High Settings and this is a laptop. Most laptops couldnt even play those on medium last i looked so i would recommend it. It hasnt given me any trouble and ive always owned a dell because they last and have good support (if u speak to someone in America).

No, the XPS is not the best gaming laptop out there. Check out the Falcon Northwest FragBook It is just about the best laptop on the market. They overclock their computers to the limits, and you can send it in for free to have it overclocked, etc... They even have a thin & Light model, which is still as, if not more, powerful that the dell XPS gen 2. They even insure your display to be perfect, without any bad pixels. Believe me, If you spend the money, you will be happy with the product.

trudat, man... falcons rule... They're so good at what they do... It's unbelievable. I will get a falcon notebook soon hopefully, as soon as my budget allows. It'll be the most beautiful thing u've ever seen... YESSSSSSSS!!! Screw dell and them big time manufacturers. THe details, man, the details... that's what counts in a high quality pc gaming machine.

No, the XPS is not the best gaming laptop out there. Check out the Falcon Northwest FragBook It is just about the best laptop on the market. They overclock their computers to the limits, and you can send it in for free to have it overclocked, etc... They even have a thin & Light model, which is still as, if not more, powerful that the dell XPS gen 2. They even insure your display to be perfect, without any bad pixels. Believe me, If you spend the money, you will be happy with the product.

187885[/snapback]

The only advantage I see with the Falcon is the RAID option...and the advantage of RAID in gaming has yet to be proven. For more than $1500 over a similarly equiped XPS you would be a fool to get one! Especially since there will be little to no performance increase.

I have an XPS gen 2 and have had no problems for almost a year of hard gaming. The 6800 Go Ultra clocks are the same as mine....450. They do not offer the Pentium M chip which, clock for clock, blows away just about every CPU out there, including the awesome AMD FX line(single core).

Just saw this was an older thread....deadlytedly, what did you end up going with???

I have that Computer..Man it rocks!! Its ULTRA fast.. You can play any games you want on it. And its a pretty good PC for Video Editing & other Office Works.. Its looks pretty nice and the Computer is Amazing!I have actually 2 Laptops.. One is Dell Inspiron & The Other One is also Dell with Celeron Processor... The Celeron computer is fast too...not for gaming...as you may know...... Its pretty good for the Office applications... If you wanna play Games on the Laptop, get the Inspiron... Its plays games better than my New Desktop : Gateway... Eventhough it has 1 GB Ram & 3.0 Ghz Processor..and a nice Video Card.. :rolleyes:

Edited by UltimateStar (see edit history)

Sounds like a monster system. I think that it is not the fastest gaming laptop in the world. I mean come on 1Gb of ram is not a lot, the fastest laptop should have had at least 2Gb. I also don't like the processor. First reason - its intel and system is made for games... Second, its frquencies even though its centrino, some AMD FX60 would have blown it miles away in everything including multitasking.

I sure would like to try that. Right now all I have is the Inspiron 1150 supposed to be for school but I sure would love to play games on it. Of course I can't really offord the XPS 2 but it sure would be nice to have a gaming notebook. Whenever I want to play games I have to borrow my brother's computer. Of course I am buying a desktop now though but that isn't the point.