xisto Community
Tonny

What Software Do You Use For Watching Movies divx,bsplayer . . .

how to use winamp

What Software Do You Use For Watching Movies

Ive downloaded winamp as when I download films it says they are winamp files. So when I go to watch them on winamp I cant find how to get the actual movie on screen, I can hear it etc. Just cant see it..

Can any1 help?

-george

which software do you use for watching movies?which one is the best?

i use cyberlink power dvd and im think that its ok. it could be much better. more options like zoom can create this software better. what do u think?

VLC But it does have a few problems..

hopefully the make a better version soon.

Anyone know why you cant play movies in vlc on a 2nd monitor i.e if you have laptop plugged into another monitor \ tv? im sure i looked at most options. :)

Well, since I have a Mac I normally use VLC Player or QuickTime and that just covers each and every file type available! I think it is great that VLC supports that many extensions because it really makes things easy...I had quite a few problems with playing real player files or windows media players files in safari, because I just couldn't get them to work inside safari! Well the solution is Flip4Mac, a great simple program that enable quicktime to play WMA and also enables Safari to play wma files inside itself...and that is all I need.

I use Windows Media Player 11, and somtimes RealPlayer 11... they are both good to use.

I use vlc player.

I like

1. Simple and powerful

2. Controls are so easy --

volume up - ctrl up arrow

volume down - ctrl down

seek - ctrl right and left

3. Visibility is good...

4. And it comes with default codecs. So i need not worry abt that too...

So.. i prefer and use VLC media player.

Apart from that i also use Windows media player and real media.

I use BSPlayer for divx because it is the fastest and works without pauses..I am proud of it because it was made by an Slovenian author.. :P
For DVDs I use PowerDVD...

Nothing special i guess :P

that software is not tested by me yet for my opinion
i have vista and use built-in media center for media like this
it works well and has cool features

I use the interactual player since it actually maximizes the screen usage and doesn't force you to watch at a fixed screen sized. OF course when I watching stuff from other sources I usually use WMP or DIVX plaer which are loaded in codec's and stuff that way I can read the subtitles and stuff.

I use Windows Media Player, and sometimes just quicktime pro... They are a very good combination and all those other 'fancy' video players are just unnecessary...

I use VLC player because it plays most formats and a lot quicker to load up than default quicktime player from mac. Quicktime for me is sluggish and buggy. Maybe it was because I had so little ram. I have not tested it out again yet but it was like that when I only had 512MB memory, now I have 2GB of memory so yeah its a huge difference. too bad thats the max my macbook pro can handle my mates one is 17inch model and can support 4GB.I've got other players as well like Divx player and Real player but they don't play a lot of formats so I always end up back using VLC player.

Edited by sonesay (see edit history)

I use VLC because it plays almost all the formats,although i dont like its look...windows media player with a good codec pack is a good option .....power dvd is good for DVDs ...but it takes ages to load...i have seen guys using GOM player ..but i havent used it yet...media player classic is also worth trying.....

Edited by klusk (see edit history)