xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jesse

What To Do

your best friend is in the hospital with aids and has just had a liver transplant...what do u do when the family wants to shut down the life support ultimatley letting him go and not trying to save him at all...had it been more than a month i would have said shut it down however its hardley been 24 hours and they are trying so hard to shut it down there are 27 people in his room telling them no that they cant and there is also a judge getting a court order to let him live...if i have to deal with this i will because he is my best friend and i will not let him die...just a question what would you do?Jesse

I would not let someone die unless they were in so much pain with no chance of recovery. If they are not in pain why let them die. Its human life we are talking about here and human life is worth more than anything. I hope that your friend gets better.

Very difficult situation. I wish your friend all the best, and you as well.I am not religious in many ways, but I do believe there is a force more powerful than Humankind, and I hope and wish they are able to guide you through this situation. I also believe that the challenges presented to us in this live are given to us so that we can grow and become better individuals, not neccesarily by how we deal with them, but be how we grow in spite of them. As thablkpanda said: Godspeed to you and yours.

I wouldn't know what to do either, when I'm in your position. I'll be dumbfounded as a rat. Good luck with your friend. I hope he gets better.

A horrible, horrible situation - my well wishes whatever happens.I believe it is down to your friend though. If keeping them alive is just going to prolong their suffering with no hope of recovering then they should be allowed to avoid that.If however, they can still have some quality of life, then I believe they should be allowed that choice too.It's all so subjective though - and must be so hard if the person involved is not currently conscious to make that decision, but may be in time.

I would keep him off on life support for a resonable amount of time, or at least until he goes into a vegatative state.In these situations I wonder that the * the family is thinking.

I wouldn't know what to do, I can say to keep him/her alive, but maybe he/she is in such pain that he/she would be better off beyond. Good luck and strenght to your friend, let's hope he/she gets better soon