xisto Community
AmandaB78

Do You Think This Is A Good Idea? Way to make money

think ebay, its not illegal to sell there. just be careful, because that are a lot of scammer trying to take your money. Starting a website might be good, or you can sell it on ebay and see how much people think your handmade purse and wallets are worth. then maybe you can start a site and have a fixed price. better yet, email your ebay customers and tell them about your site. Or you can post your site in a town website or your school's website, that'll have some interested people. Make sure to take good photos of your stuff too

I would like to hear your opinions.  I've recently started making things like jewelry, purses, wallets, painted wooden boxes, picture frames, and clothes.  I usually wear my stuff to school and found that people like them.  Within a week people were buying them off me.  One of my teachers told me I should make a website with all my stuff on it and sell it.  I thought that was illegal.  Any ideas about this??

187227[/snapback]

no its not illegal in fact many people do do that all you have to do is to find a hostinmg company like http://imptestrm.com/rg-erdr.php?_dnm=www.webspace-empire.com&_cfrg=1&_drid=as-drid-2300300503455222 and than build you web site and upload it simple as that

I think if you are worried about taxes you are clear as long as you dont make over $600 in a year (jan 1-dec 31) you do not have to claim it. If you make more than that (profit) than you can get a newspaper or phonebook and hire a accountant and with software like quicken and websites like paypal.com you can provide them with plenty of info (if you do most the work all they have to do is look it over, its cheaper) then they can calculate your taxes. I think this is alot to worry about before you see any money, just remember: 2 things are certain in life, death & taxes. and not in that order.

I finally made my website and put my jewelry on the page. You guys should check it out and telling me if there is anything I'm doing wrong or could possibly do to get this all started.

Yes you can sell your own stuff on your own website without anything like a licence I believe. I sell cell Phones online and it really pays well if your advertised correctly.
Good Luck

Don't you have to pay tax???

I would be happy to take a look at your new site. I don't think anyone is going to mind if you post it.And to NovaTerra, In America you can make up to $600 (some state laws are different, but according to fed law) without having to claim it for taxes. Have you ever won like $30 on a scratch off lotto ticket? Did you have to pay taxes? No. But if you have ever won over $600 it was a big deal and normally you have to go down to the state capitol and claim the ticket there so they can make you fill out the paperwork to claim it (same goes for people who win cars on tv gameshows). So the moral of the story is: "If you make under $599 its just a hobby, but over and you are a small buissness owner and therefore considered middle class and must pay your taxes (let alone most everyone elses).