xisto Community
Amezis

My Harddisk Is Working All The Time Even if i have lots of free ram and cpu

well first scan your pc for virusses or adwarealso run some programs like startup mechanic or hitman proclean your harddisk and defragment itcheck if your ram isnt brokenthats all i can sayalso i had the same thing when i installed norton antivir 2004when i removed it it was finished (the problem)

Well i don't think anybody has said this. Disk Cleanup and Disk Defragment....your computer may be loaded with old junk that you did not remove properly. Disk Defragment sorts your stuff out so everything is together.

get the program called TuneUp Utilities it should clean up your system pretty effectively it help me out alot with memory fixing errors and what not.

What I would do if all doesn't work...1) Backup all your files in a CD-RW, flashdrive, potable harddisk or any backup devices2) Go to DOS and remove all extended drives3) Format your harddisk as a whole, meaning you only got 1 partition and format that partition.4) Install OS and replace all your files..This is the best way out if you didn't want to bother to check for spywares or viruses. And also, this method guarentees your computer to become as good as new, fast speed and again, fresh...However, this step is not reversable. So make sure you backup all your files.

Has anyone thought of the possibility that there is something wrong with the hard drive? I have had that problem with a few computers with old harddrives. When the harddrive is about ready to die the ide light stays red and every now and then you hear some clicking from the hard drive. Is there any noises coming from the hard drive? If you can get your hands on a small hard drive try to use that hard drive and atempt to instal windows on it but dont finish. see if that hard drive hangs also.

You don't have any extra programs running, did you run virus check? Cause if it's someone using your computer to spread viruses, do DoS attacks, etc, then it would slow your computer down quite a lot.

I had a similar problem where my hdd was being accessed all the time and programs where slow to load.On boot up i sometimes wanted to do a disk check.I tried defragging .. no goodI checked processes running and performance ... all okI did a full virus scan ... all okI did a system restore ... no goodIn the end i formatted and re-installed XP and all is now ok.

Well, my harddisk is working and working and working, and everything is really slow.

All the time, I hear the computer working in the background. I've tried to restart the computer twice, but it doesn't fix it...

I think the harddisk is working instead of the RAM, but I have no clue why...

Anyone knows who to fix it?

By the way, when I was about to click the submit button, firefox stopped responding, and I had to wait 15 secs. (and then I wrote this paragraph)

186880[/snapback]

what you do is press ctrl alt del to get up task manager and stop some prosses that are not vital for your machine to run

failing that you might need to get a bigger ram upgrade

what you do is press ctrl alt del to get up task manager and stop some prosses that are not vital for your machine to run

failing that you might need to get a bigger ram upgrade

193134[/snapback]

you mighty need to get a bigger hard drive