xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sangdukseo

Best Deal On Graphics Card?

A cheap AND decent 256MB card? I think you'll have to wait another year to find one, but you could try http://www.newegg.com/. They've got some good deals computer hardware.But if you can manage it, the 256MB Nvidia 6600GT is a very good graphics card for $199. Depending on the other specs of your computer, you'll be able to run most new games at it's highest settings or close to it.

how about ATI RADEON 9550 XT or ATI RADEON 9600its cheap.. but i cant tell you the price as im not sure

So you looking for a 256mb for less then a 100 heh? try ebay or something cause pretty impossible untill theres like more releases of better types. But you can get a Ati Radeon direct x 9.0 compatible thats 128mb for $80 at http://frys.com/ . Or if you live in the bay area of california they have the store of outpost.com.

Just get a cheap 128MB one. For my old PC, I got a eVGA Geforce MX4000 128MB PCI graphics board for $10! It works great for the games that I play such as PristonTale and Guildwars. Its a great imporvment over integrated graphics.-Gotenx/Mr. Bradeli

get a 9800pro 128 mb. it's alittle over a hundred bucks, but gives around 70-80fps in cs:s on most areas of most maps. you can overclock it too.

AGP Radeon 9600XT 256MB DDR DVI TV-out (OEM) $120

if you live in Ontario, Canada, in the Toronto area, thats a price i can get you, amazing i know, just lemme know:

email and MSN Messenger: mr.chonchon@gmail.com

for anyone else in the world, newegg.com IS awesome, but so is TigerDirect. im not really sure which has better deals though.

ChonChon

The 9600 is and old card now and I would consider it slow. You have to look at the speed and the number of pipelines of cards too when you are buying and not just the memory on it. I would also recommend a GF6600GT for a little more.

From high-end spectrum there is a really good deal on Fuzione GeForce 7800GT 256Mb for $440. To get a GeForce 7 for that money was impossible about 3 weeks ago but now its open for everyone, so people with decent budget and requirements to an AGP should consider it.

Just get a cheap 128MB one. For my old PC, I got a eVGA Geforce MX4000 128MB PCI graphics board for $10! It works great for the games that I play such as PristonTale and Guildwars. Its a great imporvment over integrated graphics.

is that second hand? :P
ps:i think if the mainboard support the pci-e,then the good choice maybe one pci-e graphic card with 128MB memory.(256 is better of course,but much expensive)
i suggested nvidia 6600. :P

Every single deal in newegg online store is amazing. You can get a 7800GT from BFG under $360 and delivery is free. The only thing that really "sucks" about newegg, is that they don't deliver to Europe and Canada, and I can't believe they don't deliver to Canada! I live there and would dream of getting stuff from newegg, because here you have to pay big taxes and prices are kind of high, but when you order from newegg - you get cheapest high quality products + most of the time no taxes, depending on the state you live if it is US.

i wouldn't bother with older generation cards, no point even spending $60 cdn on them, i would go for at least a 6600gt 256mb card for $175 cdn or go for the 6800 for a little bit more. Dont not bother to get a new 7 chipset series, not worth it. I have a 7800gtx and i barely get higher performance then my 6800gt overclocked. if anything go for faster then more memory, as long as your not going over 1260 x 1024 you dont need more then 128mb of ddr3 ram on the cards.