xisto Community
kvarnerexpress

Sending Attachments Using Email Function In Php

I'm trying to send an attachment using the mail Php function.

It gets caught by the email server with an error. It seems to have a problem with the separator or who knows what. The server says something like "invalid separator on mime type."

The code is:

Code:

// subject 	$subject  = "Hello There "; 	$mime_boundary = "<<<--==-->>>";         // headers         $headers  = "From: " . 'Tom' . " <" . 'texample@aol.com' . ">\r\n"; 	$headers .= "Return-Path: " . 'texample@aol.com' . "\r\n"; 	$headers .= "Reply-To: " . 'texample@aol.com' . "\r\n"; 	$headers .= "Content-type: Multipart/Mixed;\r\n"; 	$headers .= "Mime-Version: 1.0\r\n"; 	$headers .= "X-Mailer: PHP Mailer\r\n"; 	$headers .= " boundary=\"".$mime_boundary."\""; 	// message 	$message .= "This is a multi-part message in MIME format.\r\n";	$message .= "\r\n";	$message .= $mime_boundary."\r\n"; 	$message .= "Content-Type: text/plain; charset=\"iso-8859-1\"\r\n";	$message .= "Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit\r\n";	$message .= "\r\n";	$message  = "Attached is the file "; 	$message .= "."; 	$message .= "\n\n"; 	$message .= $mime_boundary."\r\n"; 		$message .= "Content-Type: text/plain; charset=\"iso-8859-1\"\r\n";	$message .= " name=\"feedback.txt\"\r\n";	$message .= "Content-Description: Requested File;\r\n";	$message .= " filename=\"feedback.txt\"\r\n";	$message .= "\r\n";	$message .= $mime_boundary."\r\n";         $email = "dianne@aol.com"; 	// Send 	if (mail ($email, $subject, $message, $headers)) {     echo "<script>alert ('Your email was sent. ')</script>";     }	else {      echo "<script>alert ('Unable to send your email.')</script>"; 	}  

I'm not trying to use the MimeMail class or anything since
the version of Php that we're using is not supported by it.
I'm just trying to do this using the mail function.

The code seems o.k. when compared to others that I have
seen. Can't figure out what's going on.

Thanks in advance for reading this and any suggestion or
solutions.
kvarnerexpress

asking a very stupid question but does the sever actually allow you to use mail functions, cause this one doesn't. I mean i have tons of scripts that i've used that work like a charm but you should look to php.net and see if there's anything there that will answer you question or fix your problem.round