xisto Community
icemarle

A Normal Day At The Forums. Or Is It? Dating and Relationships - Evil Replies

hopefully we are talking about the 666 cuz if not, then i am crazy and the spirit of emily rose has possessed the forums :P.

So is this about the 666 and 44? I did that once when my post count reached 666... you know, just when you're bored :P.

186171[/snapback]

It would have been so much cooler if it were 666 and 42. Oh well. Still pretty cool though.

I'm a bit confused here... What's with 666 and 42?  :P

186198[/snapback]

lol

666 is supose to be the devils number and I guess 777 gods number

I am not sure about 42.

42 you don;t know 42 and the answer to the question to life universe and everything?</fake outrage>read up on Douglas Adams, and his science fiction novel, the hitchhikers guide to the Universe. It is hilarious. or go and watch the movie. (my brother in law is in it - in the demolition scene...) well worth!

666 is the number of "The beast". In the last book of the bible - revelation is a reference:

<quote>Rev 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number [is] Six hundred threescore [and] six.</quote>

A (the main source for the new testament) and Vulgate (the latin translation of whole bible) write the numbers in full in the Greek. But B (another main source for the new testament) writes merely the three Greek letters standing for numbers, Ch, X, St. "

C (another main source for the new testament) reads "616", but IRENAEUS (one of the Church fathers), in 328, opposes this and maintains "666."

IRENAEUS, explained this number as contained in the Greek letters of Lateinos (L being thirty; A, one; T, three hundred; E, five; I, ten; N, fifty; O, seventy; S, two hundred). The Latin is the language of the Church of Rome in all her official acts; the forced unity of language in ritual being the counterfeit of the true unity; the premature and spurious anticipation of the real unity, only to be realized at Christ's coming, when all the earth shall speak "one language" ( Zep 3:9 ). The last Antichrist may have a close connection with Rome, and so the name Lateinos (666) may apply to him.

The Hebrew letters of Balaam amount to 666; a type of the false prophet, whose characteristic, like Balaam's, will be high spiritual knowledge perverted to Satanic ends. The number six is the world number; in 666 it occurs in units, tens, and hundreds. It is next neighbor to the sacred seven, but is severed from it by an impassable gulf. It is the number of the world given over to judgment; hence there is a pause between the sixth and seventh seals, and the sixth and seventh trumpets. (both references to other part of revelation)

The judgments on the world are complete in six; by the fulfilment of seven, the kingdoms of the world become Christ's. As twelve is the number of the Church, so six, its half, symbolizes the world kingdom broken. The raising of the six to tens and hundreds (higher powers) indicates that the beast, notwithstanding his progression to higher powers, can only rise to greater ripeness for judgment.

Thus 666, the judged world power, contrasts with the 144,000 sealed and transfigured ones (the Church number, twelve, squared and multiplied by one thousand, the number symbolizing the world pervaded by God; ten, the world number, raised to the power of three the number of God).

The "mark" (Greek, "charagma") and "name" are one and the same. The first two radical letters of Christ (Greek, "Christos"), Ch and R, are the same as the first two of charagma, and were the imperial monogram of Christian Rome. Antichrist, personating Christ, adopts a symbol like, but not agreeing with, Christ's monogram, Ch, X, St; whereas the radicals in "Christ" are Ch, R, St. Papal Rome has similarly substituted the standard of the Keys for the standard of the Cross; so on the papal coinage (the image of power, Mat 22:20 ). The two first letters of "Christ," Ch, R, represent seven hundred, the perfect number. The Ch, X, St represent an imperfect number, a triple falling away (apostasy) from septenary perfection.

hope this helped.

In other words it is seen as a symol for the devil.

however, I am still puzzled as to what you saw. Was it the 666?

and before you ask, yes I knew all this, but yes I also had help. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Notice from snlildude87:
This is a no post count forum meaning that you did not get credit for that. Next time, remember to quote whatever is not your words.

Edited by snlildude87 (see edit history)