xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ryo

Space Program Ugg

what do yall think about the space program. I personally think it's a waste of money seeing as we spend 4 billion dollaes each time we launch a space shuttle. We need some good scientists to come up with a new space ship design. one thats cost effective.

what do yall think about the space program. I personally think it's a waste of money seeing as we spend 4 billion dollaes each time we launch a space shuttle. We need some good scientists to come up with a new space ship design. one thats cost effective.

186080[/snapback]

It is better than weapons expenses for destruction and discovering fossils (looking for the past).

It encourages research which benefit the progress in many other field : Mathematics , Astronomy, Electronic, Computer Hardware and Computers Software. Telecommunication, Robotics, Medicine, Problem Solving, Systems Engineering, Project Managements, Photography equipment, special Material, Nutritions. Clothes etc etc

It may be protect the earth one day who knows.

It may solve the Earth population problems one day.

The race in research and development was one of the cold war advantage.

186080[/snapback]

Because of the space shuttle and the ISS the manned space program hasn't been too successful since Apollo. Manned space flight I think comprises about half of NASA's budget. The robotic side of NASA exploration has been very successful. George Bush created a new Vision for space exploration which will help the manned space program get more forwarded looking again instead of going around in circles in earth. If you would like to see more discussions about space you may want to check out the discussion boards new mars.

I don't think it is a waste. Tell me what is a waste about it, here is one example of something useful that NASA has done with the space program.

Whewn they crashed the satallite into the meteor or comet whichever it was (I don't follow the news close enough to know) you probably looked at it and said a waste of money before considering why NASA would spend so much money to crash something so expensive before you even considered looking at the beneficial aspects of it.

One theory for the dinosuars becoming extinct is an asteroid hitting Earth right? What if one where to hit Earth now, it would mean the end of man-kind, they crashed it into the asteroid/comet so they could find out it's compostition to learn how to defend Earth against one if one was going to hit Earth. It really isn't as simple as shooting a missille at it as you might assume, that too would be dangerous in itself...

NASA really just needs to get on-track with the manned space program, there is more to NASA than just Space Shuttles you know... :P

yeah i would have to agree the space program has pretty much been put to a wate of time but its agood waste of time, since they are spending the time and money to figure out the best way to go to mars and then coming back here, but who knows i don't think mankind will ever get to that point at least in my life time.

yeah i would have to agree the space program has pretty much been put to a wate of time but its agood waste of time, since they are spending the time and money to figure out the best way to go to mars and then coming back here, but who knows i don't think mankind will ever get to that point at least in my life time.

186177[/snapback]

NASA has had the budget and the capability to go to mars for quite a while. The politicians just didn?t want them to go because pas politicians had a lack of vision when it came to space. Well, okay there would be some development. A heavy lift launch vehicle would have to be built. That had that capability when they went to the moon (The Saturn V). They would also need to develop a space worth nuclear reactor to meat the power needs of a mars colony. This isn?t revolution either as the NAVA has been using nuclear reactors to power submarines for decades.

I don't think it is a waste.  Tell me what is a waste about it, here is one example of something useful that NASA has done with the space program.

Whewn they crashed the satallite into the meteor or comet whichever it was (I don't follow the news close enough to know) you probably looked at it and said a waste of money before considering why NASA would spend so much money to crash something so expensive before you even considered looking at the beneficial aspects of it.

One theory for the dinosuars becoming extinct is an asteroid hitting Earth right?  What if one where to hit Earth now, it would mean the end of man-kind, they crashed it into the asteroid/comet so they could find out it's compostition to learn how to defend Earth against one if one was going to hit Earth.  It really isn't as simple as shooting a missille at it as you might assume, that too would be dangerous in itself...

NASA really just needs to get on-track with the manned space program, there is more to NASA than just Space Shuttles you know... :P

186174[/snapback]

Although understanding the composition of an asteroid may help give knowledge to better defend the earth from asteroids there are more compelling reasons to look at the composition of asteroids. These include understanding the origins of the formation of the solar system and learning what resources are available on the asteroids. Also learning about asteroids is interesting in its own right.

In the future with better knowledge of the available resources in asteroids we may be able to use these resources in space (ISRU) to support space exploration and space colonies or even mine them an ship resources from the to earth.

I don't think its a waste.One day you will be able to go to space on holiday - maybe even in out lifetimes. For maybe as much as a plane ticket.Space exploration is essential to human development. And yes it might be used to defend the world from aleins.