xisto Community
ManOfSTEEL

Help With Linux Ubunto Os Tutorial for linux ubunto

I've got a copy of linux ubunto but don't how to use it, :P I don't have any idea about this kind of OS yet, is there any body knows a site that offers free tutorials for linux ubunto? I really appreciate if you can help me with this.. :P

Ooops, my bad, ubunto and ubuntu are the same, lol.

185769[/snapback]

Oh yeah,,, sorry its just a typo :( anyway do you have any basic tutorial for this OS? or any links that I can get to. I dont know any command about linux so I can't install it in my pc... :P

helllppp please..... :P

I've never heard of ubunto, do you mean ubuntu? What kind of tutorials do you actually want? Shell scripting? You might want to try http://www.ubuntu.com/

185767[/snapback]

Only the basic command wherein I can install the ubuntu OS like how to execute the application command prompt etc... are you familiar with linux? can you please guide guide me on how to install linux? :P

Installing Ubuntu is very easy, first insert the disk and reboot the computer. If your computer isn't set to boot from the cd drive then you must configer it to, check with your computer manufacturer.Now when prompted to type install and press enter, then follow the text based instructions, It's been awile since I installed ubuntu so I will just for you (if no one has better ideas in the next few hours) go and install ubuntu again and write down all the information.Anyway some things you need to know about installling in this no mouse enviroment:1) TAB will move you along the through the menues.2) Enter will be just like clicking a button3) If there are any check boxes use TAB to highlight and then [sPACE] to check (or uncheck)4) Radio buttons are the same as 3, except you use the arrow keys to move through the options. Otherwise just follow the on screen prompts to install, although Ubuntu can be used to install along with another OS I would recomend for the beginner that you get a second Hard Drive that way you can't overwrite your existing system (Just unplug you other OS drive)I think thats it, so until I learn more...

Ubuntu also comes in a run as is CD called Live CD. To run it u do not need to install it. Just place the CD in the Drive and set your system to boot from CD. and lo.. there u r... Ubuntu Linux loaded and running.Cheers.

Ubuntu also comes in a run as is CD called Live CD. To run it u do not need to install it. Just place the CD in the Drive and set your system to boot from CD. and lo.. there u r... Ubuntu Linux loaded and running.

For that you would need the live cd or the DVD. You can't run live ubuntu of an install cd!

did everyone purposely forget to mention that he should back up his stuff BEFORE the ubuntu installer wipes his FAT32/NTFS partition? Oh, whoops...... too late. A pity, that.I'd just like to quote something i read somewhere (*nix fortune command?) :" We should remove the safety labels from everything and let the idiots take care of themselves. "Ending my argument : RTFM, STFW.

I've got a copy of linux ubunto but don't how to use it, :P I don't have any idea about this kind of OS yet, is there any body knows a site that offers free tutorials for linux ubunto?
I really appreciate if you can help me with this.. :)

I would suggest a book. One of the best basic introductions I can possibly think of is Don Crabb's
"Running Unix So It Doesn't Run You" I can't speak directly about the Ubunto distribution as I've never tried it, but the most basic, working within a text console hasn't changed much, and will be much the same from distribution to distribution, even across the various POSIX systems.

If you've never had any exposure to any of these systems, I would strongly suggest starting with a distribution that that has a "live" CD. In this context, "live" means that you can run the system right off the CD, without putting anything on you hard drive at all. It is the most gentle introduction you can get, because if you get frustrated or confused, you haven't changed your hard drive, so you can go back to where you were by simply rebooting your system back to your old OS (I assume that would be some version of Windows).

Ubuntu is the best OS I've ever used. It completely free and easy to use, just like Windows. I used version 6.06 (Ubuntu Dapper) which I request the CD from https://blog.canonical.com/2011/04/05/shipit-comes-to-an-end/ (FREE).

Before Installing you must have some unallocated space for ubuntu (I recommend 2 GB). You can resize your hard drive with partition software. The most popular is Partiotion Magic, but if you wanna some free partition software you can try Partition Manager at http://www.ranish.com/part/.

If you use Partition Magic after resizing your partiotion you can directly format it with Linux File system (Ext3). If you use Partition Manager just resize and format the partiotion when you have already running Linux Ubuntu live CD. Just follow the instruction.

Ubuntu 6.06 (Dapper) is completely use graphical mode instalation (easier than Windows). For complete tutorial visit ubuntu forum at https://ubuntuforums.org/

Hope's Help :)

Edited by masterio (see edit history)

password

Help With Linux Ubunto Os

I've just installed Ubuntu, but I can't remember my password! I'm the only one using the desktop, so I've tried many variations, but I still get the message asking for the password. I'd appreciate any help you can give. I'm anxious to try Ubuntu out.

Thanks for your help.

Bernard

-Bernard

ubuntu =user&passwordHelp With Linux Ubunto Os

I have install ubuntu however it now ask me for a user name & password I did not sit at the pc during the installation but it seems to have install 

what should I do ?. 

-question by dixon