xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kashvet

Pet/animal Care Forum Online veterinary advise

puppies teeth

Pet/animal Care Forum

Today my 7 week old America Pit Bull Terrier was playing with a tennis ball and broke off one of her teeth. Will the tooth grow back or what should I do. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

my 10 year old yorkie has rather suddenly stop being active, his stomach is really hard and bloated and he is having trouble controlling his bowels and bladder. Is he just getting old or is something seriously wrong, hes always been a happy dog and full of life and this problem is starting to worry me.-question by adelle

11 yr old cocker is having sudden lethargy (off and on) since last night. Today he is yelping/whining/writhing in pain sometimes when we walk close by him. What could be wrong? He doesn

Pet/animal Care Forum

...But he seems to be very tense and in pain after his yelping/whining episode. He went in for a teeth cleaning and extractions a week and a half ago and has been more peppy than usual until last night. I assume that's from the meds, which he hasn't been on for several days.

-question by katie

stud cant go into a lock

Pet/animal Care Forum

We are trying to use our dog for stud,he has proven himself several times,but we tool him to see a female tonight,and everytime he tried to,

She would move stopping him, from going into a lock,is there anything you can do about this?

-question by angela

Fur matting on CatPet/animal Care Forum

Hello and thank you. I have adopted 5 cats and 2 dogs on my acreage. I have them all neutered and spayed. Blue, a Tomcat of approximately 10 years has longer fur. He is semi feral and difficult to handle at times. He is allowed in the house and is inside all winter. All the cats except for my 21 year old tabby go in and out all day long. However, I am having a hard time keeping Blue's coat free from mats. I try to snip them out when he is feeding but it is difficult as he will bite or scratch me. We live in a rather remote area in Canada and there are no groomers, nor would he allow being handled without sedation. He was neutered last year and the vet shaved him. Now his hair is grown out and he is having the same problems with a lot of matting on the back, sides and chest area. How do I tend to his matted fur without hurting him or me! And he gets matted very easily and very quickly. This is serious as the matting causes the skin to tighten and it is very uncomfortable for cats. I have rescued cats and removed matting on their backs as large as a fist. Can you suggest some way of treating him either with food to help his coat stay unmatted or?????? Thank you for your help.

-reply by Christine