xisto Community
philipdupreez

Skype Rule Talk for free on the internet

This has been available for a while, but I only recently.This is a Voice over IP program that allows you to talk to anyone on the internet anywhere provided they have the same program. The software is free.The real amazing thing is the new feature you can now have real phone number. That means someone can call you from a normal landline and you can call other landline numbers. They have also just added the live video software also for free, so if you have a web cam you can see the other person. I know, I know it is not all that new, but this is the first software that I find really works especially with multiple call (live conferencing).Here is the web address: https://www.skype.com/en/ :P

It would be good to note, that although the Skype program is free and you can talk to anyone with the Skype program, the Real Phone number, the ability to call land-lines and the voicemail are all extra packages that cost money..But Skype is still a cool program! :P

I hate that thing...It's REALLY good to chat to your friends..but when you get 21 year old men from pakistan trying to phone you and telling you to pick up the phone constantly it gets REALLY freaky..I don't eve know how they get my address.I used this when it was sort of really new and no one knew about it except me and my friends and loads of other people from around europe... It was a really horrible experience..I'm not going to say what happened because it might scare people into not downloading this awesome program... just remember, be careful!

I hate that thing...It's REALLY good to chat to your friends..but when you get 21 year old men from pakistan trying to phone you and telling you to pick up the phone constantly it gets REALLY freaky..I don't eve know how they get my address.

I used this when it was sort of really new and no one knew about it except me and my friends and loads of other people from around europe...

It was a really horrible experience..I'm not going to say what happened because it might scare people into not downloading this awesome program... just remember, be careful!

185589[/snapback]

good to hear about this. I love Skype as well. It is also cheaper if you make international calls. Very cheap indeed. Do look into it.

but the experience quoted shows again, why it is so important to stay anoymous on the web, simply do not add any personal information , just tell you friends. And with personal information I mean. NOT YOUR AGE and location and your SEX. it is so tempting just to ring all the hot 18 to 24 year old female that live only two miles down the road. just don't do it. Otherwise, I am addicted as well....

I haven't heard anything about whether Skype has a delay in the audio. I'm considering getting it myself since I heard it's a really good deal. We just need the web cam before we add the video conferencing. And, of course, I'll be careful with how personal info to submit.

Skype is a great voice chat program. It is very good especially if you want to get a high quality stream, even on a 56k connection. If you haven't tried it yet, well ... you should try it with your friend or someone else, then decide wether use it or not. It really rules trust me!