xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
vusay

Low Credits E-mail

Hi. LAtely, with all my c/w I've been doing, I've forgot to keep an eye on my credits. Came on just now and they were at 0.33 days. I just had an idea. Could you have some kind of auto-email if they get dangerously low. You know, not to high we're always bugged by them but let's say, 2 days. Most people always check their e-mails when they log on so this way, everyone will remeber. Just and idea. Thanks.

Nice idea but competitors will use this as an opportunity to send fake low credits emails to hosted members. Read the topic below, they have done this before:

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/8894-fraudulent-emails-sent-your-hosting-is-suspended-this-is-spam-and-not-from-admins-at-trap-be-aware-that-fake-suspension-emails-are-sent/

Oh and while I'm moaning, can you take off that 5 word minimum search limit. I can't search for samller words. I know why you're doing it, so it dosnt return loads of irrelevant stuff. But surely if you search for something specific, it would sort them in order of irrelence. Anyway, maybe that;s me being too picky but hey. Thanks.

I don't mean to be a smarty pants but if you are checking your email just about everyday, I'm sure you can check Xisto forum everyday as well :P right? You don't need to post but checking the forum's main page will give you a visual cue when to make your post(s) so that your hosting account does not go suspended.And your second post is off topic (because your topic title is directed towards Low Credit warning) but I believe the search limit is at least 4 letter word(s)--not using the Google/Xisto.com search but the forum's original search line. For example, you cannot search for "php" but if you search for "formmail" it returns just fine. This is the very reason why the board's rule is not to name your topic title as: plz help, help me, I need help, etc. As you can see it is very important to name your title with the core word that could summarize your post with few short words. It is time to hand out warnings for poorly chosen topic titles.By the way, have you tried to use Google/Xisto.com search engine? It's awesome!

Very true,And seeing as you're supposed to stay 'Active', there should be no need for such system.Even members with thousands of credits (or hundreds) still come everyday and remain active. Not post huge amounts of spam, to raise your credits, and come back when you're low, rinse, and repeat-No, that kinda-sorta defeats the purpose.Panda