xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Acidify

Report On Cmat

I was warend by cmat or w/e his name is for not puting prices in quotes which were very dumb because prices can come from anywhere.They could of been prices I made up for all he know.And then the mods wasnt puting them in quotes and I want the warning removed.And I suggest youll find a better moderator.And then when I said that the other mods were doing it he gonna tell me its not his concern.I dont care if its his concern or not but the fact is if they are doing it why cant I do it.I dont consider myself lower then any moderator on this forum.

Give the guy a break, will you? It's a simple mistake and he's a newer mod than some of the others. The point of this that you got it fixed and it's over and done with.

I was warend by cmat or w/e his name is for not puting prices in quotes which were very dumb because prices can come from anywhere.They could of been prices I made up for all he know.

If you made up the prices then the post would've been spam and it would've been deleted but it wasn't spam because the prices weren't made up. They were copy and pasted from that site because I saw where they originally came from, therefore I have sufficient information for warning you:

Here's the post: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Here's where you copied it from: signup.catalog.com/free/signup.php?qEfwceyfAM2zmiK

When you go to the page where he copied it from you need to enter any unused domain name and look at the catalog professional hosting.

And then the mods wasnt puting them in quotes and I want the warning removed

And then when I said that the other mods were doing it he gonna tell me its not his concern.

And it's not.

I dont care if its his concern or not but the fact is if they are doing it why cant I do it.I dont consider myself lower then any moderator on this forum.

You can't do it because it breaks the forum rules. Simple.

Our moderators are well experienced and know what they are doing. They have been members from a long time and have been chosen according to their conduct and skills. Anyway, I don't have to see any explanations.. I know my MOD is right :-)

It's quite simple - be aware of our TOS. Any copied information must be quoted!!! Whether if its a long paragraph or a simple set of numbers, if you are taking information off of another site and making a post about it, you must quote information that is posted from another source.

I've been around since April, I have yet to be warned or have even one of my posts edited that I didn't ask to be edited. Posting and maintaining a good reputation is simple. Good grammar and quality posts are two things that I feel is a top priority. These are things, though, that you need to work on.

Do not critisize our moderators. They've been selected because they know what they are doing. If you are to become upset because of your own mistakes that moderators have caught, then you have to deal with that - don't make a topic on the forum crying about being warned for something you did wrong.

You were warned because you need to be aware of your mistakes, and you need to take the actions necessary to ensure that you are not warned again. Taking material from another website and not quoting it is highly illegal anywhere!.

Hopefully my opinion, from a member's standpoint, will make you realize and understand quicker your wrongdoings. Now you not only have moderator's and administrator's standing up and reasoning what happened; now you have a member explaining it as well.

I hope you take the corrective actions necessary to post correctly in the future. If so, your warning will disappear and it will seem like this never happened. Take the time to do things correctly, and your experience here will be much better.

Hope you enjoy your tenure here at Xisto.

elevenmil

i ahve to agree cmat did what his job was supposed to do, you been a member here for awhile so you do know about the rules that are used in the forums, and you seen what happpens to members that break them.

U answered none of my questions of anything.Just made the TOS of the webhosting forum look a little bit crazier.Is this one of those terrorist laws or something that you cant say something someelse writes unless its in quotes.I dont live in those crazy countrys and here we got rights and its not like its a tutorial or something copyed out a book verbatim.I wasnt trying to gain credits off numbers now come on.How many credits can numbers get me but your pm was like you didnt put it in quotes and you were credited for it so you get warned.Well its over,its done so I anit finished with the topic.But I anit no sumerian and I sure didnt live in anno domini.I anit enlil,an,sin,utu,ki,or none the other gods and I anit gilgamest or irkalla ethier but I still shouldnt be put in a class division on a forum.I may be bias sometimes but in that case thats me.

Ok.. Are we CooL now ? We really got other things to do here.Just take care of the following,SPELLINGs, GRAMMAR, no COPYINGIts more than enough..